Hacking PAL Gamecube originals on NTSC Wii

hamchan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sometimes the Wii is unable to boot PAL original GC games, it recognises that there is a GC disc inside but once you start it the screen turns black. Only some games are like this (my metroid prime :-( ) while others are ok. My smash though boots without video, only the sound. I am currently on 1.9g but i thought full region free for GC was added in 1.9b
frown.gif
It has to be because of region because i can boot all NTSC backups yet can't even boot my PAL originals. Is there any special way I have to boot the discs to get it to work?

Thanks in advance

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Go to your wii settings and change to the other PAL mode, the 50mhz one, not the 480i one that runs a 60mhz.

I'm guessing that will do the trick, as i found when using Gcos on my Pal Wii set on 480i, I have to force the boot mode to PAL50 with the 'x' button for the metroids amongst others to work, auto 'a' will not work.

The other thing you can try is to turn off the 'auto region' settings for GC with the wiikey setup disc.

hamchan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't find that setting
tongue.gif
Maybe its not on my NTSC wii.

Ill try and boot it in PAL50 GCOS and see what happens though

Ok nothing happened and i'm still confused.

I tried Metroid Prime 2 which also didn't work and Super Smash Bros Melee which only worked when i held down B.

F-zero GX booted perfectly without any hiccups.

I tried to boot Metroid Prime 1 and 2 with GCOS, held down B when the game started and fiddled with the settings for wiikey.

Its very annoying, especially since Wiikey is supposed to have full GC region free capabilities from 1.9b, yet i can't get half of my GC games working. Help me
frown.gif

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
50hz only games will not work im afraid, ntsc wii does not do 50hz :/ nothin to do w wiikey.
pal wiis w wiikey have full regionfree tho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.