PAL Call of Duty Black Ops, NTSC Wii, Region Changing

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Centurion210, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Centurion210
    OP

Centurion210 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2011
    United States
    Hey folks

I bought a NTSC Wii because i was born in USA, but then moved to France last year and i'm stuck with these PAL games now. I'm currently at level 27 in CoD:BO (PAL) but just now i discovered i cannot update the game via a different region Wii. I don't feel like ranking all that thing again, heh so i thought i could change my wii region to PAL via ARC. I have some knowledge in wii softmodding (modded some dozens already [​IMG] ) but never did this before.

I have a LU64+ ( no boot2 for me ) and 4.3U system installed. Is region changing possible to that wii ? Or too dangerous/hard to accomplish ? in that case i would rank 27 levels again, meh [​IMG]

EDIT: well, CoD is the only game i play online, so i think my other NTSC games ( ~30 [​IMG] ) will be OK.

Thanks in Advance =)

C210

2. person66

person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Jun 16, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    Your wii can be region changed, but make sure you know what you are doing. Without bootmii as boot2, you wii does have a chance of bricking, so be careful.

3. codmaster

codmaster GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2011
    United States
    Install bootmii as a IOS and preloader/priiloader and make a NAND backup
    To make sure you dont brick

4. nutta_nic

nutta_nic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 25, 2008
    use modmii to region change on DL page 1 press E and then pick a region 4.3E or 4.2E, that should work but you may end up with extra news channels and the like [​IMG]