Gaming PAL and NTSC question

G-Dan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong section, or this has been answered before, I just wanted 100% clarification.

Anyway, I've looked to download some Wii iso's to play on my newly modded Wii (that I worked out how to do thanks to help from you guys!
smile.gif
).

Anyway, so far I've downloaded a few games, they were however PAL, as you may guess from that I DO have an Australian, PAL Wii.

My question is though, what if I download a NTSC game, will it work on my Wii?

I checked some options on my TV, and I can change setting between, Auto, PAL, 4.43 NTSC, 3.58 NTSC, will that allow me to be able to play the Wii games properly and in normal colour?

Just so you know, this is what I am using to load games:
- Configurable USB Loader
- 320 Western Digital HD
- cIOS 222

Thanks to anyone that can help out
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Game compatibility should be 100% for all import games as long as it's not korean-whatever or whatever-korean. Forcing PAL will reduce the compatbility. The 100% compatibility is for using the correct video mode, which is NTSC for NTSC games(...), but IF you have a rgb cable or a bad tv you will get color issues with it.

G-Dan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
GameSoul said:
All you gotta do is Force PAL through config usb loader. then it should work.
So I want to run a NTSC game on a PAL console and I force PAL? Just checking to make sure...
QUOTE(WiiPower @ Jan 5 2010, 01:59 AM) Game compatibility should be 100% for all import games as long as it's not korean-whatever or whatever-korean. Forcing PAL will reduce the compatbility. The 100% compatibility is for using the correct video mode, which is NTSC for NTSC games(...), but IF you have a rgb cable or a bad tv you will get color issues with it.
Alright, so it should be fine as it is, without having to force PAL or anything like that? If I have colour issues, will the options I have on my tv that I noted in the first post correct the colour problem?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure I can actually play the game I download, we don't have unlimited internet like guys around the world, Australian internet sucks
frown.gif
- which means I basically have to do the best I can with what I have.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
G-Dan said:
I checked some options on my TV, and I can change setting between, Auto, PAL, 4.43 NTSC, 3.58 NTSC, will that allow me to be able to play the Wii games properly and in normal colour?

NTSC 4.43 is PAL 60.

NTSC 3.58 is what is used in North America, so yes it should be fine.

G-Dan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Edhel said:
G-Dan said:

NTSC 4.43 is PAL 60.

NTSC 3.58 is what is used in North America, so yes it should be fine.
Thanks so much for the quick reply, I guess I'll try it out and report back
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.