Hacking Question Pairing the joy-con on emunand and sysnand

MichaelShawJr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been determined that the horizon system save that keeps joycon pairings is 8000000000000050, so you could try transferring that save from sysnand to emunand. Might need to be on the same horizon version, IDK. Back your shit up and don't blame me if things go south :)

If I tried that I would definetly backup everything first, but I would need to extract that folder from the nand dump on PC because its not worth using cfw on sysnand and getting banned over it. Would that be easy to do? By the way, 1 of my controllers still connects on both nands because I never re-synced since making my emunand. My sysnand is on 9.0.1 and my emunand is on 8.1.0, so I don't think the version matters, at lease between version 8 and 9.

Last edited by MichaelShawJr,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I tried that I would definetly backup everything first, but I would need to extract that folder from the nand dump on PC because its not worth using cfw on sysnand and getting banned over it. Would that be easy to do?
Yeah just use hacdiskmount to mount your nand backup (assuming you're on windows, use ninfs if you're not), you'll need your biskeys which you can definitely get with the biskeydump payload, or maybe with hekate I can't remember.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah just use hacdiskmount to mount your nand backup (assuming you're on windows, use ninfs if you're not), you'll need your biskeys which you can definitely get with the biskeydump payload, or maybe with hekate I can't remember.
HacDiskMount + memloader (for the operation - the keys are obtainable in hekate, yes :) )

Reactions: hippy dave

Bst22322

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone solve this problem yet?

Well, I was going to try this when I get a chance on Monday.

It's been determined that the horizon system save that keeps joycon pairings is 8000000000000050, so you could try transferring that save from sysnand to emunand. Might need to be on the same horizon version, IDK. Back your shit up and don't blame me if things go south :)

But maybe you can try for me first if you have the time before then? :D

MichaelShawJr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone solve this problem yet?
I am trying this right now if I can figure it out. Shouldn't be too hard, but I don't have any experience with HacDiskMount

So I tried my best, but the issue I ran into was I could not find the 8000000000000050 in the Emunand using either NX-Shell or Goldleaf. With NX-Shell the whole save folder in the system partition wouldn't load anything, and with GoldLeaf, the save folder loaded but there was no 8000000000000050 file. I pasted the file in there just incase, but the joycons still didn't work on Emunand, and when I open Goldleaf, there is still no 8000000000000050 file even though I just pasted it in there. Does anybody have any other recomendations? Is there a way to view my hidden partition Emunand on PC and inject it that way? Or msybe another homebrew app I can try?

Well, I was going to try this when I get a chance on Monday.
But maybe you can try for me first if you have the time before then? :D

Please let me know what you find tomorrow

Last edited by MichaelShawJr,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
So I'm having the exact same issue :)
I formatted them to unlink them to make them totally separate, thinking it was a good idea - maybe it wasn't...
I would have assumed whatever identifier bluetooth controllers use to pair up would be hardware based, and not something that changes when the system is formatted.

That sounded great - I mounted my sysnand and extracted that save.
Are system saves linked to the sysnand/device/account, will it work on a different system, or different/unlinked emunand?
I think I remember 3ds system saves being unencrypted... I might be totally wrong there.
Anyway, I tried to put that save in emunand and had the exact same experience as this guy:

So I tried my best, but the issue I ran into was I could not find the 8000000000000050 in the Emunand using either NX-Shell or Goldleaf. With NX-Shell the whole save folder in the system partition wouldn't load anything, and with GoldLeaf, the save folder loaded but there was no 8000000000000050 file. I pasted the file in there just incase, but the joycons still didn't work on Emunand, and when I open Goldleaf, there is still no 8000000000000050 file even though I just pasted it in there. Does anybody have any other recomendations? Is there a way to view my hidden partition Emunand on PC and inject it that way? Or msybe another homebrew app I can try?

I guess I could try extracting the emunand from my sd card, mounting it via hacdiskmount and trying injecting the save that way, but to be honest it's a lot of hassle dumping and re-injecting a 30gb partition.
It would be much easier hacdiskmount could mount the emunand partition from the sd card, but it seems that unfortunately it can't.

-
Of course to remedy this whole thing I could just recreate the emunand from sysnand, but it will be much better to have an actual method to follow, to save us having to reinstall all of our games again!

--
I think this Korean guy had the same problem and wrote a post about how he fixed it 4 months ago.
I haven't read it fully yet but it seems like he is just following the same idea of copying over that save file.
https://opencourse.tistory.com/78
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ko&tl=en&u=https://opencourse.tistory.com/78

Last edited by cearp,
Reactions: hallo23

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Ok, all complete.
Just like the Korean guide, I copied the emunand's 8000000000000050 save to my sd card, then use hacdiskmount to inject it to my sysnand. I want to keep a clean sysnand but yeah I guess this won't cause a problem.
If big N ban me for this... I'll be angry :)

After I pasted the save to sysnand, started up the switch and had a little panic because the 'new set up'/initalizing menu with the video and music played, and wanted me to pick a language, time, wifi... etc
I thought I had lost some save data...
Thankfully once I had completed the setup, I was in the switch menu and everything was the same, apps and user details were still there.
The 90DNS settings were applied to my wifi connection since they were copied from emunand, so I removed that.

It works perfectly, the joycons work fine on both nands.

Thanks 꾀지남편!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It sure would be nice if there was a homebrew or a Hekate pull request adding functionality for copying BT pairing data from sysNAND to emuNAND *hint hint* :P
Ok, all complete.
Just like the Korean guide, I copied the emunand's 8000000000000050 save to my sd card, then use hacdiskmount to inject it to my sysnand. I want to keep a clean sysnand but yeah I guess this won't cause a problem.

After I pasted the save to sysnand, started up the switch and had a little panic because the 'new set up'/initalizing menu with the video and music played, and wanted me to pick a language, time, wifi... etc
Thankfully once I had completed the setup, I was in the switch menu and everything was the same, apps and user details were still there.
The 90DNS settings were applied to my wifi connection since they were copied from emunand, so I removed that.

Thanks 꾀지남편!
You could have kept your sysNAND clean just by doing it in reverse, copying the sysNAND save to emuNAND.

Reactions: swutch and lordelan

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
It sure would be nice if there was a homebrew or a Hekate pull request adding functionality for copying BT pairing data from sysNAND to emuNAND *hint hint* :P
i don't think it could really be a regular homebrew because you can't overwrite the save when the nand is in use - which is partly our problem. but yeah it could be done via an rcm payload I guess.
ideally it would just sync/copy the bluetooth settings from the 8000000000000050 system save, since it also stores the wifi settings too, maybe more.
but that means someone needs to find EXACTLY where the bluetooth data is inside that save.
You could have kept your sysNAND clean just by doing it in reverse, copying the sysNAND save to emuNAND.
oh yeah that's what I wanted to do, but after our testing above, it turns out I'd have to dump my emunand, edit it, then restore it back to the sd card. it wouldn't be that much of an issue if these were 3ds emunands, but switch nands are 30gb and that makes it more of a chore to dump and restore. I'm confident injecting that save will be fine :)

Last edited by cearp,
Reactions: swutch

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i don't think it could really be a regular homebrew because you can't overwrite the save when the nand is in use - which is partly our problem. but yeah it could be done via an rcm payload I guess.
ideally it would just sync/copy the bluetooth settings from the 8000000000000050 system save, since it also stores the wifi settings too, maybe more.
but that means someone needs to find EXACTLY where the bluetooth data is inside that save.

oh yeah that's what I wanted to do, but after our testing above, it turns out I'd have to dump my emunand, edit it, then restore it back to the sd card. it wouldn't be that much of an issue if these were 3ds emunands, but switch nands are 30gb and that makes it more of a chore to dump and restore. I'm confident injecting that save will be fine :)
It could be done with sysNAND homebrew, but yeah, you would probably do it in RCM, and that's actually a much better idea anyway, as you could have a payload loading before Hekate, copying over the pairings automatically and chainloading into Hekate on every boot, automating the process.
Are system saves in the SYS or USER partition? If they're in the SYS partition that would only be a couple of gigs to copy. Even easier with file based emuNAND :)
File based emuNAND you can also mount directly in HacDiskMount (this might be doable with partition based emuNAND too actually, I haven't used HacDiskMount)

Reactions: lordelan and swutch

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Nice to hear it works, can anyone make a RCM tool?
if no one beats me to it, i'll try to hack up something cheap and nasty by the end of the week.
it's time i made something for switch :D

-- I thought it would be like a 5 minute thing, it will take longer than that (for me) to change up Lockpick_RCM until I am happy enough to release it - it is editing your nand so I better had do it properly, put enough effort in at least to make sure it doesn't brick you :)
I'll try to get around to it though!

Last edited by cearp,

rewen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Glad to see this is being worked on! It's driving my daughter (and therefore me) nuts to have to re-sync joycons and pro controller between OFW SYSNAND and CFW EMUNAND

Last edited by rewen,

paulzheng

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I have the same issue, been doing alot of research and so far the only solution I found is to pair everything to Sysnand and then create a new Emunand, but its a pain in the ass because you have to backup all your saves and re-install all ur games on the new Emunand, then restore your saves. Its not worth it, I would rather just re-sync them everytime I switch, but I do hope a fix comes for this soon. Maybe the developer that made joycon toolkit can help us shed some light on this topic? Even is we did create a new Emunand, if there was even a way to backup the bluetooth keys so if we use the controllers on another switch, we could restore the keys instead of making a new emunand every time would be cool.

i think maybe there were some keys in switch and paired controllers both. so the bestway is what you mentioned , build a new emunand after paired everything to sysnand

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, all complete.

Thanks 꾀지남편!
Hello, did you abandon this project? Want to play with a friend but I know that if I use my joycons then I'll have this sync issue.
Also did you get banned for this in the end?

Reactions: Gammazeth

MezBar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have the same problem and i won't transfer a delicate file like that from EMUnand to SYSnand, i found a software, NxNandManager, that can read the hidden partition emunand to make backup and restore of the various partitions, SYSTEM included... but you can't read/write single files on it.
If there is a way to write the 8000000000000050 save to the SYSTEM backup and then restore it then... that's the way, because is only 2.5GB(the full backup to mount with hacdiskmount is 30gb) But for now i can't find anything to do this.
Any suggestions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome