OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I won this non-working DS off my cousin today(played a couple games of Tetris DS) and got it for one purpose- to paint it!!!
I'm wondering how I should do it, I DON'T want it to look like he Liited Edition Lost In Blue NDS
rofl2.gif

Help?

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Talk to your local Air Brusher of cars for tips on how to keep its quality. I personally dont have anything to offer, aside from NOT using finger paint....and avoid the Lost In BLUE!!!!
smile.gif

sonicstorm

Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Why would you want to paint a non working ds, but if you want too I would go for something metalic and either with an air-brush or spray paint I guess.

JapanLover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i painted my dreamcast i took it basically all apart so i could spray the top and bottom of the case seperatley aswell as the buttons...

if you really want to make it look good, you should get one of those gameboy screw driver things and take it apart...

it shouldn't be too hard to atleast get the case apart...

try making a stencil or something too, that could be cool, if you layered them you could pull off some cool effects...

this could be really awesome, especially since it's not working you can have no worries...

be sure to post pictures when your done =)

p.s.

whats broken about it?

FragMagnet

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malta
If it's the regular DS you're talking about, then matte (or gloss, whatever floats your boat) model paints should do the trick very nicely. Airbrushing is highly recommended, and seek out tips to get an even coating as it will give you results that are second to none.

My brother was into modelling when he was younger, and he built two models of the same car, painted one and airbrushed the other. The results are incomparable, the airbrushed model is simply gorgeous.

Incidentally, I would recommend matte model paint (model being the key word there!) as gloss tends to feel rather uncomfortable under the hands after prolonged use. I know the DS is broken, but for those of you who would like to try it out on one which works...
wink.gif
I also think there are some matte finishes (like lacquer, but not shiny) which will protect the paint form constant contact. I'm not sure about this, but worth a look if you want to preserve your artwork when you're done. Stencils are strongly recommended - they give an amazing effect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls