Painting a DS Lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by DownwardSpyral, Jan 30, 2007.

1. DownwardSpyral
    OP

DownwardSpyral The Fastest Thing Alive

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2006
    United States
    Green Hill Zone
    Has anyone here painted the case on their DS Lite? Think I'm at the point where I wish to mod my DS and do a little artwork. Looking for suggestions on recommended types of paint I should use. I'll be painting portions of both the matte white case and the clear cover (unless I can find info on safely removing the clear cover and painting under it.

If anyone has any suggestions and tips I would greatly appreciate it.

2. OrR

OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Nov 24, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Hildesheim/Germany
    All I can say is good luck! [​IMG] If you need impressions on how not to do it if you want to impress the internet (in a good way), have a look at grvoid.com/libds [​IMG]
    I haven't got a Lite, yet, and also didn't order a Wiimote case replacement although I'm planning to. I'll probably try some spray paint to get rid of the texture that you can't get around with the model paint I used.

3. Takeshi

Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Jun 1, 2004
    Germany
    You should try vinyl dye. I'm about to mod my Genesis with it! I don't think it will work on a DSLite though.

4. Mewgia

Mewgia drifter

Dec 16, 2006
    United States
    Boston, MA
    Heh, I may do this sometime. I mean, having an Onxy Lite is great, but having something that no one else has is even better. I would have to figure out how to remove the clear shell and paint the stuff under it and then put the shell back on, though, because I love the Lite's glossy look.

5. OrR

OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Nov 24, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Hildesheim/Germany
    With a DS lite I probably wouldn't paint the whole shell. I did that on the Phat because the silver just sucked and looked cheap. On a black DS Lite, you can simply add some red touches and it could look pretty awesome, for example. [​IMG]

6. 5uck3rpunch

5uck3rpunch Surf Monster!

Feb 20, 2004
    United States
    Texas - USA
    Orr is a pro painter....take his word!

7. DownwardSpyral
    OP

DownwardSpyral The Fastest Thing Alive

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2006
    United States
    Green Hill Zone
    I might only be accenting it. Repainting the hinge, and likely the shoulder buttons if i can.

I'm tossing around ideas between accenting the unit green, and stenciling a 1UP mushroom underneath the clear shell.
    OR
    Completely dying it blue, and frosting the clear shell with a Sonic the Hedgehog logo.

Anyone have a link as to how to get that clear shell off?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice