Painting a DS Lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by DownwardSpyral, Jan 30, 2007.

Jan 30, 2007

Painting a DS Lite by DownwardSpyral at 8:20 PM (972 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. DownwardSpyral
    OP

Newcomer DownwardSpyral The Fastest Thing Alive

United States
    Has anyone here painted the case on their DS Lite? Think I'm at the point where I wish to mod my DS and do a little artwork. Looking for suggestions on recommended types of paint I should use. I'll be painting portions of both the matte white case and the clear cover (unless I can find info on safely removing the clear cover and painting under it.

If anyone has any suggestions and tips I would greatly appreciate it.

2. OrR

Member OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Germany
    All I can say is good luck! [​IMG] If you need impressions on how not to do it if you want to impress the internet (in a good way), have a look at grvoid.com/libds [​IMG]
    I haven't got a Lite, yet, and also didn't order a Wiimote case replacement although I'm planning to. I'll probably try some spray paint to get rid of the texture that you can't get around with the model paint I used.

3. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    You should try vinyl dye. I'm about to mod my Genesis with it! I don't think it will work on a DSLite though.

4. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    Heh, I may do this sometime. I mean, having an Onxy Lite is great, but having something that no one else has is even better. I would have to figure out how to remove the clear shell and paint the stuff under it and then put the shell back on, though, because I love the Lite's glossy look.

5. OrR

Member OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Germany
    With a DS lite I probably wouldn't paint the whole shell. I did that on the Phat because the silver just sucked and looked cheap. On a black DS Lite, you can simply add some red touches and it could look pretty awesome, for example. [​IMG]

6. 5uck3rpunch

Member 5uck3rpunch Surf Monster!

United States
    Orr is a pro painter....take his word!

7. DownwardSpyral
    OP

Newcomer DownwardSpyral The Fastest Thing Alive

United States
    I might only be accenting it. Repainting the hinge, and likely the shoulder buttons if i can.

I'm tossing around ideas between accenting the unit green, and stenciling a 1UP mushroom underneath the clear shell.
    OR
    Completely dying it blue, and frosting the clear shell with a Sonic the Hedgehog logo.

Anyone have a link as to how to get that clear shell off?