Hardware Paint on the back of New 3DS XL (red) is chipped wondering if there was a way to order new shell

Erikku

GBATemp's Official Cancer Treatment
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem is I'm skeptical of sending it into Ninty for reapairs since I have A9LH on my system and I'm worried if they'll do anything to it, so I'm asking for advice on what to do next.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
never ever send a hack 3ds to ninty for repairs because either they will refuse to repair or they will update the firmware after repairs.

Reactions: Erikku

Erikku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if Nintendo would go through the trouble of removing a9lh?
since they remove miiverse posts with a9lh installed they most likely will and try, but i don't think they can since it's on the actual chip and would just have a fresh new motherboard put into the 3ds

but what do i know, i'm not a dev or anything, just someone with experience lol

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since they remove miiverse posts with a9lh installed they most likely will and try, but i don't think they can since it's on the actual chip and would just have a fresh new motherboard put into the 3ds

but what do i know, i'm not a dev or anything, just someone with experience lol

To remove a9lh you need to flash the NAND with a backup so I wonder if they would go through the trouble.

Erikku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To remove a9lh you need to flash the NAND with a backup so I wonder if they would go through the trouble.
oh, i see, but aren't backups console specific, or can they just make a new NAND that's specific to, say, my system cuz that would be a lot of work so I dunno, Ninty's weird

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If they really knew their stuff, they could uninstall your a9lh, but I doubt they'd go to such lengths.
Let's assume you're not on 11.0 but youre on a9lh. All they need to do is disable firm protection (by either loading a cfw without them or using Ninty cheat methods idk) then update the system normally and well RIP.

If you have the a9lh that has the mini-cfw I dont think that they can directly tell. If they update it you should still have a9lh.
Unless you have FBI and DevMenu all over you home menu LMAO.

Last edited by Seriel, , Reason: HOW DO I WORDS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol