Painfully slow updates

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by flashermac, Feb 12, 2007.

1. flashermac
    OP

flashermac GBAtemp Fan

Oct 25, 2002
    Hi all,

Finally got a wii this weekend, but updating over wifi takes ages - the system updates aren't too bad, but the channel update would take days (if i let it, too much Zelda to play for that).

My wireless setup is a bit crappy admittedly - I don't have a router, it's a PCI card running as a soft access point. I initially thought it was just a weak signal, but it's the same when the wii is right next to the antenna.

Does anyone else use soft AP's with a wii, and if so, have you noticed any speed problems? i'll probably get a proper wireless router anyway, but will this help? I don't want to spend the cash and find that it's the same as the soft AP.

Any advice appreciated,

Cheers

|fmc|

**EDIT** Nevermind, got a router anyway - the updates still take ages, but everything else seems ok now.

2. dialtone

dialtone Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2007
    Canada
    im on a wireless router and let me tell you I left it on for an hour to recieve an update and it was barely at 10-15% so I hit the home button and went back to the main menu (heh was hoping i wouldnt brick by stopping an update in the middle but i wasnt about to leave my wii on for a day or two) so I think its Nintendo and not us.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice