Pain in upper throat after eating...?

epicelite

Equal opportunity ass kicker.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So sometimes when I eat I will get this intense pain in my throat.

I have to basically make myself throw up to get rid of it every time so I am pretty sure it is food getting cought somewhere. It has been like this for as long as I can remember. It usually happens when I eat things like rice, chicken, salad(specifically lettuce).

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE!

This shit keeps me from going out to restaurants with friends because when it happens I cant eat anymore and have to go hang out in the bathroom and wait for it to fix itself and that can take anywhere from 1 minute to HOURS!

If I try to drink something to wash it down it hurts more and makes it worse!!!

It is happening to me as I type this and I had to "let go" of my dinner and now my parents think I am sick or something.

FUCK I HAVE SEARCHED HIGH AND LOW ON GOOGLE.

http://yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com/food-c...-in-throat.html

That's the only relevant information I found. I did have tonsel problems at one point when I was a kid, cant remember exact age, and the doctor had said "if this keeps up you might need them removed."

FUCK! No way in hell I can afford surgery or even a ENT visit! I don't want to tell anyone because I don't even know how to explain it!

ShadowStitch

Devilot's Tubtoy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it could be any number of things....tonsil problems, a new allergic reaction, or even severe acid reflux.

If you can't afford to go to a doc (and I know how that is) try some prilosec, and see if that changes anything...

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Do you know what part of your mouth/throat your tonsils are? If so, check them out in the mirror when you get this pain and see if they are inflamed (ie: big, puffy and bumpy). If they're not that different then it's probably not your tonsils.

It's not heartburn is it? (stomach acid in the back of the throat, making it sting) That can happen when eating food.

epicelite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Opium said:
Do you know what part of your mouth/throat your tonsils are? If so, check them out in the mirror when you get this pain and see if they are inflamed (ie: big, puffy and bumpy). If they're not that different then it's probably not your tonsils.

It's not heartburn is it? (stomach acid in the back of the throat, making it sting) That can happen when eating food.

It's not heartburn as it does go away completely after however long it takes.

It only happens when I am eating too, it can be the first bite or the last! It can happen 3 times in a day or 1 time in a month it sucks.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Maybe your eating too fast or not chewing well enough. Try washing down the food with some water. You said its been a problem for a long time so you shouldnt be that worried about it, even though it must be annoying.

But at the end of the day posting this problem on a gaming forum wont give you any sort of beneficial answers. I know you said you dont have the money to go to a doctor, but in all honesty, a doctor is the only person that can help you properly with this.

epicelite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong said:
Maybe your eating too fast or not chewing well enough. Try washing down the food with some water. You said its been a problem for a long time so you shouldnt be that worried about it, even though it must be annoying.

But at the end of the day posting this problem on a gaming forum wont give you any sort of beneficial answers. I know you said you dont have the money to go to a doctor, but in all honesty, a doctor is the only person that can help you properly with this.

I figure maybe someone here is a doctor. )^=

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
epicelite said:
I can't afford to see the doctor in the first place.
obama fail

you'll have a hard time finding a doc in a place like this. most doc's have trouble finding the enter key let alone a forum.

all i can recomend is make sure you chop the food into tiny pieces.
(also are you sure it isn't just heartburn or something, i used to get some serious pain too when ever i ate spicy chicken.)

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Chew your foodmore and eat slowly. Eating too fast always made my throat kill me.

But then again I had my tonsils removed and it all stopped.

Hmmm.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
First thing's first. Move to Canada where we have free health care. Next, check you are not eating anything you are allergic to. That's all I got, but I highly recommend the first piece of advice.

Edit: HOLY CRAP
ohmy.gif
!!! It has been like that your whole life??? Get yourself to a doctor, man! A Canadian doctor, that is...

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lol GBATemp is now your first stop for medical advice! Just take a ticket and stand in line.

Seriously though, if you can't see a doctor find a school somewhere and go see the school nurse. Thats probably the best free solution.

SkankyYankee

GBAtemp Advanced Skank
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Golfman560 said:
Lol GBATemp is now your first stop for medical advice! Just take a ticket and stand in line.

Seriously though, if you can't see a doctor find a school somewhere and go see the school nurse. Thats probably the best free solution.

You should come here for your psychological problems, insomniac cures, and ds surgery simulator releases
yaynds.gif
, but getting physical advice from some people who havent seen sunlight in days might be unwise.
lecture.gif

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
Thanks for answering my question.

Guess you don't want help.

That 'white stuff' that accumulates on tonsils is known as 'tonsil stones'. It's completely harmless, and completely painless. It wouldn't cause the OP any pain.

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do you often go to the gym/do much excercise? I know someone who used to do situps wrong and ended up stuffing up their throat. Could be a possibility

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1