Paid to make an HTML Email template?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Lucifer666, May 25, 2017.

1. Lucifer666
    OP

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    Couldn't find a more fitting forum so this goes here. So I'm pretty good at HMTL and CSS and constructing a good-looking cross-platform HTML email template should be no problem.

I found a couple of paid jobs in the area and what I'm wondering is how these things are generally expected to be delivered. Should it just be a .html file with Lorem Ipsum running through all the different headings, (un)ordered lists, paragraph styles, etc so that the client would (presumably) be able to just delete and replace?

Should I code an email template on MailChimp (or similar products) to support newsletters and mail merge and things like that with ease? Or am I better off just handing the file?

Note: I am not asking about what these guys specifically require from me, just how these things typically go down

Thanks

Alkéryn likes this.
  2. Alkéryn

Alkéryn Moon Dweller ~

Mar 15, 2015
    France
    Albategnius, Moon
    What you can be paid for html?
    Lol

3. Lucifer666
    OP

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    Omg
    You have no idea what piss easy freelance jobs are out there

Alkéryn likes this.
  4. Alkéryn

Alkéryn Moon Dweller ~

Mar 15, 2015
    France
    Albategnius, Moon
    I'm an indie dev but i didn't thought i could get paid for html xD

RoseyDreamy likes this.
  5. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    It's a dummy file.
    You need to just create a dummy file with "lorem ipsum" in HTML. Make it look good tho.

Alkéryn likes this.
  6. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Depends on the company/person hiring you. A few times I've done this, I was given the information they wanted in the email template along with their instructions on what they wanted it to look like. Other times they just want the template with lorem ipsum.

Also, just a note (if you haven't already accepted the job(s)), agree on a price before you start doing the work. Most of the time these people just want some stock HTML template they found on Google, but would rather pay someone $5 for it rather than $10 for the license to use it. It's happened to me a few times where they'll give me a link to an non-free HTML template, told me to copy it, and then refused to actually pay for it.