gloweyjoey

who??
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gallery_252969_709_7318.jpg

A girl in the United Kingdom put away a man who molested her thanks to the camera on her Nintendo DSi, using it to surreptiously capture his assault and force a confession.

John Fisher, 46, did admit to the abuse after his accuser (unnamed) snapped a picture of his hand groping her. Fisher's going to prison for 3 1/2 years as a result.

The girl, now 11, said Fisher, as a family friend, had abused her since she was nine yet nothing had been done until she "had the presence of mind," according to a prosecutor, to photograph him with the DSi. When the girl showed her mother the picture, she immediately contacted the cops. At first, Fisher denied the assault, but he admitted it when confronted with the picture.

"[The victim's] quick thinking in using her games console to take a photograph of him touching her," said a police representative, "provided indisputable proof of what had happened and she was brave enough to come forward and report the incident and give us a full and accurate account of what had gone on."

:arrow:Source
:arrow:Source
Smart girl. 3 1/2 years doesnt seem like long enough.

Reactions: 4 people

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
He got 3 years for victimizing a child? What a fucking world. The only way 3 years is acceptable is if it's 3 years of solid torture. It should be much longer if he's just going to sit in a cell.
Oh well hopefully he gets an ass kicking by the other inmates for being a pedophile piece of shit.

Good on that girl for doing that. Really smart.

and just think, when the DSi was coming out, people were freaking out over the thought that the DSi would fuel pedophilia and make it easier.

Reactions: 6 people

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
He got 3 years for victimizing a child? What a fucking world. The only way 3 years is acceptable is if it's 3 years of solid torture. It should be much longer if he's just going to sit in a cell.
Oh well hopefully he gets an ass kicking by the other inmates for being a pedophile piece of shit.
You know what makes this worse, you download an MP3 and you can get 5 years and or a 250,000$ fine :mellow:

On-topic: Glad to see a sick freak get taken to justice.

Heck yeah, DSi! Take that PSP, can you do it?

Also, welldone kid!

No, PSP can not do that because only kids buy DSi
IDK, I see more kids with PSP's than DSi these days.

Reactions: 3 people

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Woah, only 3 years??? People who do petty crimes get much more time in prison. Wtf?

Good on that girl for doing that. Really smart.

and just think, when the DSi was coming out, people were freaking out over the thought that the DSi would fuel pedophilia and make it easier.
3 years? 15 at least....

Coming from people in a country that still uses the death penalty. This is the UK we're talking about - we've moved on bit. He'd been a close family friend for a while and I'm sure 3 years is enough to deter him from re-offending. Any more would just be wasting us taxpayer's money and I'm sure most people would not want to spend an extra £40,000 (higher than the average wage) a year just because you want some sweet, juicy 'revenge'.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Deter from re-offending...what a joke.

Also i'm from Canada bro. You can tell by the little flag under my stats that has a leaf on it, not stars.

Frankly we'd save a lot more money if they cut out the non essential shit in jails. They can be fed a borderline nutritional slop once a day and kept in their 2' x 5' cell 24 hours a day. They're treated far too nicely considering they had to commit a crime to get where they are.

Reactions: 3 people

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Coming from people in a country that still uses the death penalty. This is the UK we're talking about - we've moved on bit. He'd been a close family friend for a while and I'm sure 3 years is enough to deter him from re-offending. Any more would just be wasting us taxpayer's money and I'm sure most people would not want to spend an extra £40,000 (higher than the average wage) a year just because you want some sweet, juicy 'revenge'.
Oh wow, are you DEFENDING him?

Wizerzak, once again you've just reached a new low.

Reactions: 4 people

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Deter from re-offending...what a joke.

Take a read. You don't just throw people in jail for revenge you know.

Also i'm from Canada bro. You can tell by the little flag under my stats that has a leaf on it, not stars.
Sorry, that was aimed at triassic911 and CrimsonEyed.

Frankly we'd save a lot more money if they cut out the non essential shit in jails. They can be fed a borderline nutritional slop once a day and kept in their 2' x 5' cell 24 hours a day. They're treated far too nicely considering they had to commit a crime to get where they are.
And that cannot be changed over just ONE (minor) offence. There's no point thinking theoretically about something that's not going to change within the next 5-10 years at least.

Also, @prowler I'm not defending him, I'm saying that 3 years is a suitable punishment for this offence.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
people, you realize that some of you are in no way better than the guy molesting a child, when you ask for years of torture and stuff like that...

if you want to be a civilized member of society, you should rather think about how both, victim and offender, can be helped afterwards...

Reactions: 1 person

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Also, @prowler I'm not defending him, I'm saying that 3 years is a suitable punishment for this offence.
Ok, I jumped because I can't believe what you are saying.

What if it happened to you? Would you be okay with the man getting 3 years jail time? No, you wouldn't. You'd want him locked away for as long as possible.

In three years time, the girl will still be young and it can happen again.

Reactions: 2 people

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I jumped because I can't believe what you are saying.

What if it happened to you? Would you be okay with the man getting 3 years jail time? No, you wouldn't. You'd want him locked away for as long as possible.

In three years time, the girl will still be young and it can happen again.

Yes, I would be perfectly fine. Three years is enough for a man to change and learn his lesson. He was a close family friend as well, suggesting the do not want him to suffer.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
people, you realize that some of you are in no way better than the guy molesting a child, when you ask for years of torture and stuff like that...

if you want to be a civilized member of society, you should rather think about how both, victim and offender, can be helped afterwards...

That depends if you consider criminals to be humans, which they aren't.
Well, not a lot of them.

We put far too much faith in criminals, allowing them to potentially be rehabilitated, only to get thrown back in jail or end up dead after committing another crime.

The only reason execution isn't a common form of punishment for heinous crimes, is because people would tend to lose it when they think "I have nothing left to lose, when i'm caught they'll kill me anyway."
Thus we have to promise to keep them alive, unfortunately. But that doesn't mean they have to enjoy it.

Maybe i'm a little biased. I've had friends affected by re-offenders, note the plural. People re-offend, all the time. Sticking them in a cage for a small period of time doesn't do anything. They'll likely just do it again. People die (or get hurt) because these idiots are given a second chance, so frankly i'm not willing to give people that chance in the first place. They commit a crime, they fucked up, they threw away their life. That's their issue, lets not give them a chance to ruin more lives when only a small percent of people are going to be rehabilitated.
Criminals aren't people, they're rabid animals.
At the very least, crimes against children need to be taken more seriously. They're sick and fucked up. 3 years for preying on a child? That's bullshit. Give him 3 years to reflect and be rehabilitated, and 12 years as a punishment for his actions. Sounds fine to me.

and please note I AM generalizing because i'm too lazy to list off every criminal who sacrifices their humanity for their actions.

Reactions: 2 people

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I was reading the sources and didn't really see how far the molesting had gone...
Anyways, I read that he had previous history regarding young girls. =S

I do belive it should be more than 3 years, I mean, in here anyone that does anything related to molesting has at least 5+ in jail... And my country is already friggin lenient regarding sentence times.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Well, not a lot of them.

We put far too much faith in criminals, allowing them to potentially be rehabilitated, only to get thrown back in jail or end up dead after committing another crime.

The only reason execution isn't a common form of punishment for heinous crimes, is because people would tend to lose it when they think "I have nothing left to lose, when i'm caught they'll kill me anyway."
Thus we have to promise to keep them alive, unfortunately. But that doesn't mean they have to enjoy it.

Maybe i'm a little biased. I've had friends affected by re-offenders, note the plural. People re-offend, all the time. Sticking them in a cage for a small period of time doesn't do anything. They'll likely just do it again. People die (or get hurt) because these idiots are given a second chance, so frankly i'm not willing to give people that chance in the first place. They commit a crime, they fucked up, they threw away their life. That's their issue, lets not give them a chance to ruin more lives when only a small percent of people are going to be rehabilitated.
At the very least, crimes against children need to be taken more seriously. They're sick and fucked up. 3 years for preying on a child? That's bullshit. Give him 3 years to reflect and be rehabilitated, and 12 years as a punishment for his actions. Sounds fine to me.

and please note I AM generalizing because i'm too lazy to list off every criminal who sacrifices their humanity for their actions.
I completely agree with your statement. 3 years of prison for raping a child, ridiculous. Heck, if the punishment isn't that severe, pedos won't hesitate to molest more children.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country

Well, not a lot of them.

I completely agree with your statement. 3 years of prison for raping a child, ridiculous. Heck, if the punishment isn't that severe, pedos won't hesitate to molest more children.

It wasn't [censored]. As far as I can tell that's as far as he got (the 'groping').

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.