Tutorial  Updated

Padless WiiU CFW enabler

Hello, here is a simple solution for people who don't own wiipad or have 2 WiiU consoles and only 1 wiipad.
Just small something I made so you can now use your wiiU and launch cfw using only the wiimote. The link to the wiiuexploit.xyz is changed into new one that straight launches the wiiu homebrew channel. It is now faster and recommended for ALL users.

THE EXPLOIT LINK: https://ep3jokhtejav1mghtr9zjg-on.drv.tw/PUBLIC/Webpage/WiiUexploit/

WHY DOES IT MATTER? In these times it is harder and harder to get a decent WiiU console. It is sometimes even harder to get the wiiU gamePad. Want to play HDMI upscaled Wii, gamecube content and more? How about playing the whole series of JUST DANCE without ever needing the gamepad? This is perfect for conditions like these. Even if you don't need this function, you can save 7 bucks on DS virtual console hacking method as they take similar time to load in and this one is the safest regarding console bricks.

padless.png

SOME USEFUL TIPS:

Since you will need the pad at first, try to borrow it from someone and explain the situation, show them this video.

Make sure to setup internet settings as soon as possible and write the SSID and password combinations somewhere.

Manual internet setup can be found in SETTINGS / INTERNET / CONNECT TO THE INTERNET / CONNECTION TYPES / MANUAL CONFIGURATION for wifi or WIRED CONNECTION.

I recommend doing hotspot setups with WPA2-PSK security as apple devices don't allow hosting with other security like no password on wifi.

Be patient, the load may sometimes vary and make sure to have a decent internet connection to make everything work. For me myself this link works 100% of the time on both of my WiiU consoles, it may be different on your console.

Do not reset console, or modify sensitive data, try not to touch the CMOS battery if not needed. Always wait for it to fully shutdown, only then unplug if you need to disconnect the console.

You should be able to install more games after this modification. Just make sure you have installed all necessary tools for your CFW like loadiine or WUP installer GX2

Last edited by auge,
D

Deleted User

So you can run anything from the homebrew menu? It'd be cool to run Hidtovpad then you can use other controllers besides Wiimote.

Edit: nevermind, I think Hidtovpad does require you hitting a button on the gamepad.

Last edited by ,

auge

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So you can run anything from the homebrew menu? It'd be cool to run Hidtovpad then you can use other controllers besides Wiimote.

Edit: nevermind, I think Hidtovpad does require you hitting a button on the gamepad.

I am looking into it now. I will try to implement other features by using keyboard combinations such as (do one thing if pressed key is Q, do another thing when pressed key is W). It may take some time to code advanced features, but I had to share this as I think people will find it very useful even now when it's only 1 basic function...

And yes, you can launch any installed software that can be launched using homebrew launcher. The question is: will you be able to control that app using wiimote or keyboard?

Last edited by auge,
Reactions: Deleted User

auge

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

auge

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep exactly the same for me.
Did you add "https://" in the front? I swear i tried it in 3 different VPNs and 2 consoles, works great for me :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It says it's still on his todo list, unless he just didn't update the first post.
Where can I track it? I need to talk to 2 devs about this, honestly they are much MUCH smarter than me and could solve this for us much faster

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you add "https://" in the front? I swear i tried it in 3 different VPNs and 2 consoles, works great for me :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Where can I track it? I need to talk to 2 devs about this, honestly they are much MUCH smarter than me and could solve this for us much faster
Check the link is already make, he just didnt update the post.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
This is potentially huge! Really important for preservation, homebrew etc.

Should be on the front page imo. Sure it's not technically the first implementation, but a video saying you can get it up and running in 5 mins is big.

hadi aulia

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
this is very useful, you can Repurpose wii u with no gamepad to be wii HD
any chance theres an option to boot directly to virtual wI?I

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But...