Pac-man Vs for the DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hadrian, Apr 10, 2007.

Apr 10, 2007

Pac-man Vs for the DS by Hadrian at 7:03 PM (794 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Namco Bandai has just announced that coming this summer they will bring the Namco Museum to the DS, titles include:
    * Pac-Man
    * Pac-Man Vs.
    * Galaga
    * Xevious
    * Dig Dug II
    * Galaxian
    * Mappy
    * Tower of Druaga

Yeah we kinda already have those but look...Pac-Man Vs.! Pac-Man VS. allows three players to be the ghosts on the Pac-Man board while one player gets to be the one piece missing from a pizza shaped blob. The four-player battle requires just one cartridge/card whatever they are on DS. Anyone who played the GC version would know how muchfun it is but I'm guessing that on the DS it would be what we saw when it hooked up with the GBA, 2D view.

Anyway its $19.99 when it will be released so thats cheap but dunno if the inclusion of Pac-Man Vs would warrant yet another purchase for those who have these game on many compilations. Wouldn't it be nice if it was online? Oh well.

I'd like to see another Pac-Man collection with the same games as the GBA one but with PM Vs and some others, or scrap that the GC one for VC console with option to go online and link up on the DS but thats me want want want.

2. Mars

Member Mars Radioactive Propaganda Minister

United States
    Will this have Wifi support?

3. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I'm hoping for Wi-fi online but nothing has been said at all. So far the only multiplayer game that has been mentioned is PM Vs. I also hope that the top screen shows 3D and the bottom shows 2D, it was one of the games that a lot of people hoped to see on the DS when the DS was first announced.

Oh yeah forgot to mention...

"Unique Viewing Style: With a new rendering system, view your classics with the dual screens to your advantage!"

Many online stores has the release for 14th of August.

4. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    Sounds good. I'll be getting this for sure. I hope the download play works on my R4.

- Sam

5. WeaponXxX

Member WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

United States
    For the love of god.....it better have SAVE support!!!

6. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Yah if Namco cheapassed out again I'm not buying. I still have Namco Museum (original one) for GBA and rarely use it but do, same with the Cube package (original as well.) Didn't bite for the updates as the lineup sucked. This one seems ok, angry it lacks Ms Pac-Man as I've always enjoyed the varying mazes more, but Druaga and Dig Dug II are a great mix up for once of the usual old roster of things. I think the only game on there I'd probably not play more than one would be Galaxian as Galaga just shames it so badly.

I'd seriously be up for some Pac-Man vs on wifi if that were the case, and I wouldn't doubt it at all if it was. Nintendo saw utility in it with Miyamoto and stuff a few E3s ago for the Cube and I've had a couple rare plays of that disc (properly with at least 1 person being something) and I could seriously get into that.