'Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions' On 3DS Details

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by KingdomBlade, Apr 1, 2011.

1. KingdomBlade
    OP

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
    [​IMG]

Upcoming Nintendo 3DS release "Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions" was announced in early February. It's not what you think though. The two games included in the package -- "Pac-Man Tilt" and "Galaga 3D" -- change up the gameplay approach with a new set of mechanics designed to take advantage of the new Nintendo handheld's unique features. That's not terribly enticing for longtime fans who just want to see the classics rendered in 3-D, but now there's news that they'll be getting just that.

Weekly Japanese gaming mag Famitsu confirms that the "Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions" cartridge won't include two games. It'll include six! In addition to "Tilt" and "3D," the set will also pack in the original versions of the two coin-op arcade games as well as each one's recent digital download sequel (for lack of a better term), "Pac-Man Championship Edition" (not the more recently released "DX" updated version, unfortunately) and "Galaga Legions." Now that's something you'd happily spend $40 on, right?

From the sound of things, the four bonus games will be pretty much straight-up ports of their predecessors. It sounds like they won't be converted to 3-D; instead, the handheld's glasses-free 3-D screen will be used to give the impression to players that they are looking down into an old-school video game cabinet. It may well just be a gimmick, but it sounds like a pretty cool and full-featured one, with three cabinet styles to choose from for each game.

As for the two new games, both are designed to take advantage of the 3DS's motion controls. "Galaga 3D" is an on-rails shooter that unfolds from a first-person in-cockpit perspective; you move the crosshairs by tilting your device. "Tilt" is a side-scrolling adventure starring everyone's favorite pellet-eating yellow circle. The motion controls are hinted at in the title; by tilting your 3DS, you also tilt the stage you're playing on.[/p]

[​IMG] Source (MTV)

It looks to be a good deal as instead of just two games, 6 games are included which is a very good thing as at this current moment, 3DS games can be expensive.

2. TehSkull

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    I read this on Twitter yesterday or day before. I'd be surprised if it hasn't already been posted somewhere.

Regardless, this is interesting, but not enough to make me buy the game.

3. CCNaru

Member CCNaru Warn-free Since 2005

United States
    My dad loves Galaga to death but he doesn't know I bought the 3DS... and I have no interest in either games so I won't be buying one. besides there are other games that interest me anyway [​IMG]

4. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    Well at least that make it a little bit better.

Should have been outright "3D Arcade" tho... [​IMG]

Like a Konami Classics Series remake/addition or something...

5. adrian2040

Member adrian2040 GBAtemp Fan

Peru
    Pac-Man Championship DX would have made it an instant-buy.