The GBAtemp Pichu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So earlier I tried quoting a post, and a lot of

tags came out, which IIRC wasn't like that before. Is this a new glitch up or something? Cuz quoting posts look like a mess now...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Was it a staff post or one likely edited by some staff (USN or a post moved to the portal?)

If so that is an HTML option (staff are allowed HTML).

It if was not then that might be an actual problem (I do not know about anybody else but when switching from rich text editor to the basic one I see the full markup for a brief period).

@[member='tj_cool']

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I once encounter this problem with the rich editor.
It replaced every paragraph with

(in fact it temporarily forgot to replace the

to new lines, so you end with the tags in the text).

Just re-quote or re-edit the original message, it should be fixed.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I found toggling the editor between modes (upper-left button) helps when it acts up like this...

However there's issues when quoting or editing posts made before the forum software upgrade. With those, I've found I need to toggle the editor mode until it lets me quote in the rick mode, then I copy paste that into a NEW post, then toggle THAT back to raw/code mode, then toggle the original post box back to code mode and paste in the fixed version.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
when we updated the software a script was written to fix all of the old posts on gbatemp. from what i recall the old system displayed in bbcode but actually stored the information in html, so there was an ugly conversation hack going on. that was addressed by running the script on all the old posts. i found that those posts would edit and quote with html instead of bbcode.

i have my editor set to the old version, i never liked the WYSIWYG version. with the old editor i've stumbled into the html/bbcode issue once or twice. it is extremely rare and i only notice it when editing old front page posts (in order to steal their formatting/bbcode for a new post).

where did you experience this? what post were you quoting? what section of the temp were you in? etc?

-another world

Reactions: 1 person

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
when we updated the software a script was written to fix all of the old posts on gbatemp. from what i recall the old system displayed in bbcode but actually stored the information in html, so there was an ugly conversation hack going on. that was addressed by running the script on all the old posts. i found that those posts would edit and quote with html instead of bbcode.

i have my editor set to the old version, i never liked the WYSIWYG version. with the old editor i've stumbled into the html/bbcode issue once or twice. it is extremely rare and i only notice it when editing old front page posts (in order to steal their formatting/bbcode for a new post).

where did you experience this? what post were you quoting? what section of the temp were you in? etc?

-another world
http://gbatemp.net/topic/324914-pvsneslib-for-snes-20th-birthday-d/page__view__findpost__p__4249647

Well seems like it's working fine now, but it might still happen(I'm gonna go enable the classic editor now, I think I prefer it)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs