Own Serious Sam classics? You have a free new game!

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Celice, May 1, 2014.

1. Celice
    OP

Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    Thanks be all to the benevolent reddit.

I'm not sure which Steam titles net you the free game (Serious Sam First Encounter, Second Encounter? Serious Sam 1 [both encounters] and Serious Sam 2?), but if you have some of the early games, or if you ever picked up Serious Sam in a humble bundle, you've been given a free new Serious Sam game.

I'm not sure who is developing it. I think it's a group of modders who are working with the in-house Croteam. What strikes me as interesting is that there is already a mod team working with Croteam to recreate the early Serious Sam game before it was cut up into a two-part game. Different levels, guns, worlds, and enemy types were scrapped in order to make deadlines. I don't know if this Serious Sam Revolution is that same project, or a new project altogether.

Either way, more Serious Sam is always a great thing! Maybe Croteam is drumming up interest for their upcoming Serious Sam 4? Anyways, check your library and see if you have this title!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/227780/

It should be noted that the game is still being worked on, but I figure it's yours permanently, so still a free game :P

2. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Yup, I have that. Neat, more games I'll never play.