Gaming own Minecraft Server

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well i think there are already several minecraft server topics but there was just so much talk about minecraft that searching hardly gave me any informations i needed.

So yeah i made a server for me and a friend and we use Hamachi to play, the only problem is that he says most of the time its unplayable and I have no clue why.

does Minecraft need that much internet speed that not even 2 ppl can play together on a 6mbit connection ?

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so if we would not use hamachi but make an online server it would be better ?

hmm is there some "easy" to understand tutorial how to do this ?
already tried port forwarding and such but still noone can connect trough the internet (gave them the online ip which i got from whatismyip or however that site is called)

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have two routers? In some cases, one router is hooked up onto another router then to your ISP/Internet.

Other than that have you portforwarded the correct ports? (25565 if I'm not mistaken, I don't use this port on my server personally)

If you do happen to use another port (and forwarded that) did your friends/server members connect correctly like so:

(IP:PORT)
x.x.x.x:28960 ?

* If 28960 was your custom port

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah thats what we tried but somehow it didn't seem to work ... well my router sucks bad with things like this, maybe that was the problem (it does not like to forward ports even thaught i set it to do so) -.-

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
When I pirated Minecraft (I then bought it before Beta), we could connect via IP without any sort of intermediary like Hamachi or Tuungle. Try it without Hamachi.

Make sure to forward your port and make sure it's set under your current IPv4 (mine's not static, so it always changes)..

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Youkai said:
yeah thats what we tried but somehow it didn't seem to work ... well my router sucks bad with things like this, maybe that was the problem (it does not like to forward ports even thaught i set it to do so) -.-

Could you possibly provide the model + brand of that particular router? Maybe we can help you troubleshoot the problem.

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well yeah somehow i cannot even get me a static ip the router/modem whatever doesn't seem to like that -.-V tried several times to be able to forward a port for utorrent but nothing.

My Router is Netgear WGR614v7
and my isp is Ish, or i think its now called Unitymedia

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Youkai said:
Well yeah somehow i cannot even get me a static ip the router/modem whatever doesn't seem to like that -.-V tried several times to be able to forward a port for utorrent but nothing.

My Router is Netgear WGR614v7
and my isp is Ish, or i think its now called Unitymedia

Kay, so when you enter in the ports on the Forwarding page did you make sure you entered the servers INTERNAL IP correctly?

In order to find this run cmd.exe, or command prompt assuming you are on Windows. Then find the correct internal IP which corresponds to the gateway you used to access your routers page using "ipconfig".

For example: I type 'ipconfig' without the quotes and I see my router name:

Wireless LAN Adapter wireless network connection:
Connection-specific DNS suffix: TP-LINK (name of my router brand)
IPv6 Address: Not necessary
IPv4 Address: 192.168.1.107 (THIS IS THE INTERNAL IP OF SERVER, use this when you add a custom service for your forwards.
Subnet Mask: Not necessary
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1 (What i use to access my router)

EDIT: Try this: http://portforward.com/english/routers/por...raft_Server.htm

Maplemage

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
You can have your friend connect to a normal server without hamachi just go to the server.properties folder (assuming that you downloaded minecraft.server) and edit the Online=true to false and then anybody can join =D (but you gotta port D=)

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tails100 said:
You can have your friend connect to a normal server without hamachi just go to the server.properties folder (assuming that you downloaded minecraft.server) and edit the Online=true to false and then anybody can join =D (but you gotta port D=)

I'm sure he already knows this. Anyways, you can use offline/online mode for both Hamachi & Forwarded ports, the only difference between offline and online mode is that online searches the hidden 'haspaid' script/page of minecraft.net and if the person who's connecting bought the game then the page will reply to the server as 'true' (i.e: http://www.minecraft.net/haspaid.jsp?user=Bently) otherwise if the person does not own the game and connects to an 'online' server it will reply as 'false' and will deny server access to the person.

Offline mode servers just disables authentication through minecraft.net (which may allow pirates to join your server), it does not necessarily mean the server can only run in LAN mode. Offline works for both Internet connections and also LAN.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.