Overwatch animated short: D.Va - Shooting Star

To celebrate Gamescom, Blizzard has released another cinematic video for Overwatch. This specific entry explores the lore and backstory of the character D.Va. In the animated short, we see a MEKA base, which has also been announced as a new playable map called Busan, today. PC players can currently test the level, which is in open beta, while a specific date hasn't been given for its inclusion.

Nagarjuna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its sad that they are making new characters/maps for a dying game. It doesn't help, only makes stuff harder to balance and get into the game.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
really wanted blizzard to make entire movies for each character and release them in movie theaters....
if they done it as they do theese shorts, damn i would watch the 28 movies

Reactions: leonmagnus99

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overwatch: The Hit Broadway Musical
Overwatch: The Breakfast Cereal
Overwatch: The Myth, the Legend
Overwatch: I Can't Believe it's Not Overwatch

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
These shorts always make me wish Blizzard would jump into the movie game. They could make some real cinematic masterpieces.

Its sad that they are making new characters/maps for a dying game. It doesn't help, only makes stuff harder to balance and get into the game.

I wish I could have a game as dead as Overwatch.
Only about 35 million worldwide. Dead as fuck boys. Must only be making them hundreds of millions a year :cry:

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I think regardless of any thoughts on the game, Blizzard does beautiful animation. It looks great!

watching the other animations i really think they should make a movie or something, it's just great, i love it

These shorts always make me wish Blizzard would jump into the movie game. They could make some real cinematic masterpieces.

Activision-Blizzard actually did open a new film and animation studio. Their new studio does the Overwatch short films, I believe, and is currently working on an animated TV series based on Skylanders called "Skylanders Academy." They'll also likely be doing feature-length films eventually. So yeah, they do have a unit dedicated to TV and film production.

EDIT: Here's the investor report for that, which details what they're working on - https://investor.activision.com/new...d-launches-activision-blizzard-studios-create
@Hells Malice I dunno if a Call of Duty cinematic universe fits your bill for a potential "cinematic masterpiece", but there ya go.

Last edited by HaloEliteLegend,
Reactions: Deleted-379826

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Activision-Blizzard actually did open a new film and animation studio. Their new studio does the Overwatch short films, I believe, and is currently working on an animated TV series based on Skylanders called "Skylanders Academy." They'll also likely be doing feature-length films eventually. So yeah, they do have a unit dedicated to TV and film production.

EDIT: Here's the investor report for that, which details what they're working on - https://investor.activision.com/new...d-launches-activision-blizzard-studios-create
@Hells Malice I dunno if a Call of Duty cinematic universe fits your bill for a potential "cinematic masterpiece", but there ya go.
skylanders academy wasn't already on netflix since 2016?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I wish I could have a game as dead as Overwatch.
Only about 35 million worldwide. Dead as fuck boys. Must only be making them hundreds of millions a year :cry:
exactly what I said, we NEED a starcraft movie
They proved how their graphics were since the trailer called Vengeance.
If you look at Vengeance youtube video, lot of comments are about fans wanting a starcraft movie:)

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20180822_205431.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Its definitely not dead ;)

Last edited by Lumince,

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overwatch isn't dying.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This was such a good short! The new map is neat too, hope the devs eventually port this game to switch.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get why people say "oh its a dead game".... Its not even close to dead.... Overwatch League? Huge player base still. If you say its dead, you either just don't like the game anymore, or just suck at said game.

Reactions: Noctosphere

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back