Overwatch 2 will be free to play, enters early access this October

News has dropped for Blizzard's sequel to Overwatch. A new hero called Junker Queen was revealed in a cinematic trailer, and then announcing that Overwatch 2 will be free to play. There's going to be an event on June 16th that shows more information about the game on Blizzard's official Twitch and YouTube channels. In addition, Overwatch 2 will be entering playable early access on October 4, 2022, where it'll be available on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and Series X|S, PlayStation 4 and 5, and PC.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't be surprised if Overwatch 2 is DOA at launch considering the lack of anything really new in it.
We all know the die hard fans will play it. They will get their money worth because of loot boxes and whatever else they have planned. Not everyone will boycott this DLC of a game sadly. If they think I'm gonna pay for a single player version of OW they are sadly mistaken

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
At least it‘s not a AAA priced game with the inevitable ‘surprise mechanics’.
Honestly, I'd rather pay a full triple ay priced game without "surprise mechanics", if at least it comes out complete on release.
Tho suppose in that case, the actual price of the game wouldn't be the 70 bucks ya nowadays pay for the shell of the game, including everything, it'd easily be over 120 or something.

Guess I'll stick to indie and retro games (and piracy, hah).

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The fact that all these famous AAA games are going F2P just shows how much money these systems are making for the developers. Games are being ruined by rich whales, or people who are easily addicted.

As much as I'd love to hate the developers, it's hard to blame them for wanting to make more money.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overwatch 2 is the PvE ascept. Blizzard's shitty marketing made dumbasses repeat like a broken record that it's just a clone of 1 with a little edits. Beta was fun though, and I liked the PvE modes in the first game, so looking forward to this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1