Overview of what Nintendo changed

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Krakatau, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krakatau
    OP

Krakatau Nintendo 3DS XL

Nov 10, 2012
    Belgium
    The last days and hours have been dominated by speculation:

• Nintendo seems to no longer allow playing games online unless you are on the most up-to-date firmware. Several spoofs like updating NVER or CVER or even programs like HANS might stop this issue?
    • CIAs suddenly get deleted when the eShop detects some things about it -> smealum has spoke about this?
    • Downgrading your browser or some system titles may disable eShop access and trigger the above mechanism -> eShop is verified, however online play isn't sure.
    • Friends module might have implemented some things we don't really want.
    • Rumours about detecting CIAs and banning on emuNAND aren't confirmed, yet some people claim it to be true.
    • 10.3 and above WON'T get a hack in near future.
    • Playing online with out of region CIAs isn't as easy anymore? Saw some topics stating this issue about getting errors when going online with several games that originate from other regions.
    • The TWL-FIRM might eventually get hacked and for the first time a decent research might happen.
    • How long do bans last? 14 days? 30 days? permanent? Is the structure they used to use gone?
    New 3DS still doesn't support emuNAND 9.5+ on rxTools, Gateway does!
    Old 3DS still supports basically anything and issues with 10.5 haven't happened.

• Rumours about getting banned for CIAs have drastically dropped, the same with private headers, is Nintendo on the edge of making something new? It's been a year since the ban wave started, what are we up to?
    Please help getting this topic up to date!

Last edited by Krakatau, Feb 2, 2016
  2. jaksy

jaksy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2014
    United States
    If you're referring to this, it's nothing new and was happening to some users before this latest firmware when they messed with installing updates to cia files on the eshop.

hobbledehoy899 and thatbooisaspy like this.
  3. xxbilxx

xxbilxx GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    I'm sorry but this post it purely unneeded. I'm not claiming I contribute to the community but your recent threads have all been clickbait and misinformation. You have been attempting and failing to freak people out the last couple days about the recent changes Ninty has made in their updates.

Everybody else: quit listening and replying to this person. They are only trying to freak you out. He is a troll. Nintendo isn't making you delete unlegit CIAs on 10.5. They also aren't banning users for using CFW. This guy is an idiot, and in my opinion deserves a nice ban.

Quantumcat, mungry, mooglazer and 2 others like this.
  4. Krakatau
    OP

Krakatau Nintendo 3DS XL

Nov 10, 2012
    Belgium
    Please delete this guy.

5. koim

koim GBAtemp Regular

Apr 16, 2015
    France
    It's not like he's wrong. Do a serious verification instead of putting rumors and misinformation together.

hobbledehoy899 likes this.
  6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    honestly this is mostly crap, instead of collecting all the crap from the gutter of twitter/gbatemp try instead to look for a pattern (several repeat occurrences from reputable people), one random guy saying "urrrrh i thunk i losted mah gam3z nintedoh diddit im sure" is not worthy of being a rumor, its more than likely just a idiot doing something stupid....which happens every day

the only new thing that has happened recently is nintendo enforced being totally up to dat to play online, which tbh was long overdue, everything else stated is a load of crap

7. Plasma Shadow

Plasma Shadow GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform

May 15, 2009
    I have no fucking idea.
    Uh, gateway said they are working on a method for 10.3 sysnand and below, so you should correct it to 10.4 and above ;)

8. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    10.4-10.5 can be downgraded via hardmod....so not even correct there :P

9. Plasma Shadow

Plasma Shadow GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform

May 15, 2009
    I have no fucking idea.
    I know, been keeping track of that and actually tested it too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.