Overnight Corruption? Wtf...

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by GravisJ1, Oct 28, 2007.

Oct 28, 2007
  1. GravisJ1
    OP

Newcomer GravisJ1 Member

Canada
    So, last night I was playing fine... This morning half my games have distorted images in the NDS selection menu, and none of them work. "Loading..." and a blackscreen.

Why the hell did this happen?

2. g6team

Member g6team GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hong Kong
    You might need to format your G6 to get it working again.

3. scandal_uk

Member scandal_uk GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    This is usually due to magnetic or even static fields.

Keep your cart off them speakers!

4. imz

Member imz GBAtemp's vigilante

United Kingdom
    Same thing happened to me with most of my games, and then i put the usb in my computer to see if i could fix it, removed some of the homebrew files incase any of them were corrupted, then i put the g6 real back into my DS, turn it on and black screen! I replaced the firmware with the old system firmware and it says 'system folder not found' so i run the mini loader (but can't do anything on it). Then i formatted the G6 and i get the same problem, anyone know how i could fix it?

EDIT: I managed to get it working again but my save files have gone

I told my mum to put my DS in her handbag, the button was magnetic, but couldn't have been that powerful, yet all my files became corrupt ,these things weren't exactly made to last were they? This is the second time it happened and now i'm really pissed cos i've had to complete mario kart twice (all difficulty levels, all missions) and now it's erased again

5. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    I've stopped using my G6 Real because of this happening. Saves just corrupt, games stop working then suddenly the file.system doesn't load. If I format it it sorts it out but it's only a matter of time until it happens again. Was especially pissed at losing my Puzzle Quest save, was just up to fight Lord Bane [​IMG]
    Now I stick with M3 Simply and a 1G Sandisk, use the same 1G in M3 Lite for GBA, a nice combo and much more reliable imo.