Hacking Overheating Acekard 2i

googoo1876

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I got my acekard a few weeks ago, working fine. Now it overheats after a hour or two of play, and gets really hot. This would not be a problem, but it also crashes when it heats. Currently I have to play in front of a air conditioner.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Also, putting overheating devices in a freezer for a few hours is a little trick that's been around for a while, I seem to recall it working on other other storage mediums too... harddrives maybe?
Usually it's not permanent, and is more of a 'last ditch effort' to solve the problem or recover data.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
Also, putting overheating devices in a freezer for a few hours is a little trick that's been around for a while, I seem to recall it working on other other storage mediums too... harddrives maybe?
Usually it's not permanent, and is more of a 'last ditch effort' to solve the problem or recover data.

I've never heard of this so called "trick".

Also, uh, I don't think throwing an electrical device into a freezer for a few hours of consistent -18ºC temperature won't really recover my data or anything. Especially since, you know, the operating temperatures for electronic devices is 10-50ºC (not that I'm saying you'd use it in the freezer, I'm just saying that'd do more damage than it would fix)

Sinistral89

Trophies
XP
Country
Evo.lve said:
twiztidsinz said:

Also, uh, I don't think throwing an electrical device into a freezer for a few hours of consistent -18ºC temperature won't really recover my data or anything. Especially since, you know, the operating temperatures for electronic devices is 10-50ºC (not that I'm saying you'd use it in the freezer, I'm just saying that'd do more damage than it would fix)
Not really. Has used it to recover some otherwise lost data on 2 harddrives...
smile.gif

realveemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say try another flashcard or game cartridge and see results from there. Checking if its the cart or ds is a big leap if you ask me

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:

Truly amazing the things you find on the internets: http://www.google.com/search?q=harddrive+in+freezer
The first result is a good example of what to expect (and what not to expect) from this little trick. It's not magic, it not a cure all, it doesn't FIX the problem... but it does allow you time for at least a partial recovery.

googoo1876

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really know if it was the freezer or "break time" so you don't have to argue your heads off. All I know is I have a working Acekard2i.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
1. Putting any kinds of electronics into the freezer other than Ni-Mh/Li-Poly/Li-Ion Batteries, where it actually causes a chemical reaction, is retarded. I hope you at least insulated the cart.

2. There is literally nothing that could overheat in an Acekard. More so, the voltage is too little to overheat it.

3. If it works better now, in what I sincerely doubt, I call it a lucky fluke.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night