Overcooked Special Edition launches July 27th on Nintendo Switch

1.png

Award-winning international games label Team17 and Cambridge-based independent dev duo Ghost Town Games have today revealed that their double BAFTA award-winning smash hit chaotic co-operative cooking game Overcooked will be launching on Nintendo Switch on the 27th July.

The Onion Kingdom is in danger and only the finest cooking can save it. Players will journey through a campaign mode featuring a whole host of cruel and unusual kitchens on their quest to become master chefs capable of conquering an ancient edible evil which plagues the land!

Traverse through the campaign solo or engage in classic, chaotic couch co-op for up to four players. You’ll have to cook a range of different dishes and work together to become the ultimate cooking team! You can even go head to head in nine versus competitive levels for either two or four players.

Overcooked: Special Edition includes the Overcooked base game plus The Lost Morsel and Festive Seasoning additional content and, with Nintendo Switch, players will be able to take the Overcookedexperience anywhere they like, with HD Rumble adding a whole new element to the cooking chaos!

Overcooked: Special Edition contains:
  • 44 campaign levels which can be played solo or couch co-op with up to 4 players
  • 9 versus levels to play head to head locally with either 2 or 4 players
  • 22 different chefs to play as. Choose a human, racoon, dinosaur, French bulldog, robot or even a reindeer in your quest for culinary greatness!
  • A range of crazy kitchens to play across with different recipes to master - cook soup, burritos, burgers, fish and chips and more!

Overcooked: Special Edition will be available to download for Nintendo Switch via the Nintendo eShop on the 27th July for £15.99 / $19.99 / €19,99.

:arrow:Overcooked Special Edition Official Site

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I read that this is a fun co-op game but to me it looks like another cooking smartphone game.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
18 second trailer with 5 seconds of footage in it.

What fresh hell is this?
The game has been out for a long time on other systems, so if you want, you can easily find footage of it.

I read that this is a fun co-op game but to me it looks like another cooking smartphone game.
That's sort of what it looks like if it's played well, but actually playing it is completely different. Trying to keep everything organized and inevitably failing is what makes it fun. All I can do is recommend you either try it out or watch a multiplayer video like this:

D

Deleted User

I dont see any ps4/xb1 fans talking about every indie title released to their consoles like its something special, why are big-N fans do?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
18 second trailer with 5 seconds of footage in it.

What fresh hell is this?
It's not a trailer but a quick announcement video. If this was the first glimpse of the game, I'd agree with you. But in this case, you can just google "let's play overcooked" and find hours upon hours of 'ingame footage'.

Welcome to 2017, my friend
Where game trailers have no ingame footage
And movie trailers are so long you see all the plot
This holds more truth than should be allowed. :rofl:

...granted: most movies nowadays have plot that allow for easy summarizing: show explosion...show someone frantically holding a cell phone to the ear...induce paranoia by a line like "trust no one"...a car crash...apparently plot-important people kissing each other...more explosion...shove movie title in audience's face.

D

Deleted User

It's not a trailer but a quick announcement video. If this was the first glimpse of the game, I'd agree with you. But in this case, you can just google "let's play overcooked" and find hours upon hours of 'ingame footage'.

This holds more truth than should be allowed. :rofl:

...granted: most movies nowadays have plot that allow for easy summarizing: show explosion...show someone frantically holding a cell phone to the ear...induce paranoia by a line like "trust no one"...a car crash...apparently plot-important people kissing each other...more explosion...shove movie title in audience's face.
lol I wasn't watching new movies for a long time, then I saw the trailer of deadpool and was super hyped, then after I saw the movie I realized that I knew everything- including all the *good* jokes in the movie (which shouldn't be allowed in a comedy movie) and most of the plot - before the movie started just by seeing the trailer

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
lol I wasn't watching new movies for a long time, then I saw the trailer of deadpool and was super hyped, then after I saw the movie I realized that I knew everything- including all the *good* jokes in the movie (which shouldn't be allowed in a comedy movie) and most of the plot - before the movie started just by seeing the trailer
Lol not even remotely true.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
You're right on both parts here. It's not meant to be a trailer at all, and these days the impetus is less on the publishers to convey anything about the game when people interested already know if and why they want it, as well as where to find out more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Don't tell the BBWs they love chocolate 🥰