Over the top Japanese brawler game, Uppers, heads west on PC/PS4

Marvelous has announced that their crazy brawler game, Uppers, will be headed to North America and Europe later this year. Uppers originally released in 2016 as a PlayStation Vita exclusive, where you played as a select group of fighters who's goal is to impress a harem of women by beating down enemies in street fights. The title was also produced by a veteran of the Senran Kagura development team. This version of the game will be remastered on PlayStation 4 and PC for the west, and will have a stable 60fps frame rate, as opposed to the Vita version's 30. No specific release date was given, but it'll be release sometime in 2018.

:arrow: Source

Reactions: PICTOCHAT

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I wonder if fan-translation for Vita is going to be cancelled, hope not. Or at least official translation going to be inserted in vita by hackers

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
they didnt make a localization of the vita version because they said "it was too hard to translate", but now its fine? :/
It probably has more to do with the PS4's larger user base making it (financially) more worthwhile localizing.
It's a great game. Despite the fact that by the time the PS4 version releases I hope to have completed a playthrough of the partial (complete if I'm lucky) translation of the game, as long as it gets a physical release in europe I will support them by purchasing it.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
they didnt make a localization of the vita version because they said "it was too hard to translate", but now its fine? :/
I didn't see any info regarding on why western publishers skipped on Uppers.
But my guess always was "it's not Senran Kagura and seems to be have way less fan service, so they'll skip on this".

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't see any info regarding on why western publishers skipped on Uppers.
But my guess always was "it's not Senran Kagura and seems to be have way less fan service, so they'll skip on this".
Not a great deal less fan service to be honest... among other dubious things it has a 'panty slots' mini game!

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not sure of the details on why they said it was too hard to translate, but my guess would be that the Vita version has too too much text hard-coded as images (this is basically impossible to translate and why we'll never get EX Troopers in English). Often times they will completely redo those text graphics when doing a remaster (this is one of the things that caused a nearly 2 year delay in Persona 5 when they decided to port it to PS4 for a simultaneous release).

D

Deleted User

This definitely doesn't seem like a game I'd like at all, but at least it's coming I guess.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if fan-translation for Vita is going to be cancelled, hope not. Or at least official translation going to be inserted in vita by hackers

The project is finished! Aside from minor tweaks and fixes, it is out there and ready to be played. Thank you all for your support. The team really appreciates it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: