Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Since they were first offered, map packs for the Call of Duty franchise have sold in excess of 20 million units as of June 30, 2010. The figure was revealed in an Activision press release today.

"The Call of Duty franchise is unique in the world of entertainment and delivers one of the best multiplayer experiences ever," said Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick. "We are thrilled to deliver to fans exciting and engaging content that has the intensity they have come to expect from the franchise."

It's important to note that these are life-to-date sales of map packs for the entire franchise, and are not just for the two map packs that have been released this year for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. The press release didn't offer up any specifics as to how many of the map packs were for MW2, which were each priced at $15, a price that many considered to be too expensive.

We know there is interest on Activision's part in turning the Call of Duty games into a subscription service. This milestone may ultimately be meaningless as far as the mega-publisher is concerned, but it is solid evidence that Call of Duty fans are willing to fork over additional cash even after an initial purchase as long as they're getting something in return.

Source

I still think these map packs are ridiculously overpriced. Just content wise it's a horrible bargain. You gain a few new multiplayer maps and that's it. For $15. I can go buy the Borderlands DLC for $10 a pop and get tons of new areas, weapons, quests, enemies, etc. Just saying.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The maps are a rip off. I just scam my brother to get them
evil.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You think Activision care that their products are massively overpriced? They always sell and make them easy money, just imagine the profit they made of the DLC's alone
blink.gif

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
You think Activision care that their products are massively overpriced? They always sell and make them easy money, just imagine the profit they made of the DLC's alone
blink.gif
I've seen several quotes in the past where Bobby Kotick said they would raise prices higher if they could get away with it, too. One of the many reasons I stay away from any game with an Activision logo on it.

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't buy any of the map packs. Didn't play much after the first map pack came out.

And yeah, they are way overpriced, and the game is full of killstreak campers.

I'm rather looking forward to Black-Ops, especially if they'll have another horde mode. Nazi Zombies was a great idea., really fun too.

D

Deleted-247497

wow wait it go people who bought them, now they will continue to grossly overcharge for these things

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bought one, shared it, then someone shared back with me the 2nd maps , 1 for the price of 2 (Ps3 i LOVE you)

this subscription fee (if it exists) would suck balls, if they make it optional then that would be great (as in subscribers get like more double XP weekends, and maybe a weapon or 2 more) something of the sort, but a subscription to actually play the game , well Activision can go fuck themselves for all i care.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
got my map packs by scamming someone lol, friend taught me how to do 10th prestige hack so this guy asked if I could do it for him, went on his account and recently download Stimulus and Resurgence map packs LOL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn