Over 1.5 Million copies of 'Streets of Rage 4' downloaded, announces Dotemu

1384.m.jpg

Publisher and co-developer Dotemu of Streets of Rage 4 announced in a press release today that the game has been downloaded more than 1.5 million times. The much-anticipated revival of the series seems to have been well received, with our official review giving it a score of 8.5/10. Along with this news, a new patch for Streets of Rage 4 was announced. It brings nearly 80 updates, bug fixes and balance changes to the game, all of which have been tested by the community itself.

Streets of Rage 4’s new patch brings enhancements and fixes to the game, including:
  • Specials and start move can interrupt all hitstun states
  • Axel has been buffed, with a faster move speed and less recovery on some moves
  • Cherry has been buffed, with her flying punch from combos now being fully invincible
:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow: Streets of Rage 4 Official GBAtemp Review

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I count myself as one of them on the switch. I bought the game for nostalgia, but I've only played it once. I suck at beat 'em ups, so I only got to the first boss before dying.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Are they single downloads from each owner, or they count the multiple downloads a user can make?

I can download the game dozens of times...

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can lower the difficulty and will probably find it more approachable
This generation of gamers frown upon the not hardcore gamer :(

iirc, it's called Bare Knuckle in Japan. don't know why they changed the name. maybe they found streets of rage more appealing.

That's marketing! Would you rather play rockman or MEGA MAN? :creep:
Of course Streets of Rage sounds better than Bare Knuckle. It convey more of what the game is about. Plus during 1990s, a lot of attitude was in that era. Most decades are thematically emotional focused. :P

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, maybe we can get a Streets of Rage 5, with a cameo from Yakuza? Or, maybe a Streets of Rage style beat em' up? You could have Kiryu, Saejima, Akiyama, Shinada, Tanimura, Daigo, Sayama, Majima and others as playable characters...the possibilities!

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Well-deserved, easily one of the best games of the year. It fully delivers on all the core elements of SoR1-3, all while transcending the "nostalgia factor" and being a genuinely worthy successor to an already great trilogy; the amount of visible care and love put into it is kinda ridiculous.

I think it just gets the idea of series revival right - being less of an archaic throwback that checks points on the list of references, and more of a great modern-feeling, modern-playing, modern-looking games that captures the flow and spirit of its predecessors through modern means. Doom 2016 and RE2-3 did the same thing in a lot of ways, and I hope to see more reboots and continuations designed with that mindset.

Last edited by Pipistrele,

Xalusc

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Cool and all, but when are they fixing the "retro" soundtrack? Get rid of the shitty Game Gear music and use some tracks that make sense.

Sundree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SOR4 is literally one of the best beat em up games I've ever played, no lie. Sad that the Switch online servers are kinda dead after the first week of launch though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good