Homebrew Outdated Compatibility List with DOSBox Wii?

FM_Wii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Just a silly question, but looking deeper in the Comptibility List for DOSBox Wii, and noticed there are certain games that haven't been tested YET, or that straight up doesn't appear here. I mean, there are games like: Mortal Kombat, DOOM 2, Golden Axe, FREAKING OUTRUN!! But there are other games that haven't been in the cards to test, such as: Rayman, Puyo Puyo (both "Tsu" and "Mean Bean Machine"), the MS-DOS port of Sonic 1, Street Fighter II, X-MEN Children of the Atom; and even fan-games or homebrew DOS games such as the recent SRB2 v2.1 DOS-based port

I'm just saying, there are many games left to be tested, and so little documentation about this emulator itself working on Wii has been done for that list. Who knows, we might get Rayman 1 finally working on Wii, or having a stable SRB2 working on Wii (which i might see as the least possible option).

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I believe that compatibility list is very outdated. Dosbox Wii was recently updated with dynrec core and it really makes a great difference! It can manage most of the games from the 486 era really well. I haven't tried Rayman, but I believe it's running good.
Replacing Dos4gw with Dos32a can also be of great help with some games.
The games all run, as long as you know how to correctly set the .conf files.
Doom-like games are struggling with the frame rate, but some simple 3D games like F1GP and Robocop 3 are running perfectly.
Other games that performs really good are Alien Rampage, Wolf3d, Warcraft1, Little Big Adventure, Alone in the Dark 1+2, Jazz Jack Rabbit, Superfrog, Ultima Underworld 1+2.

Reactions: FM_Wii

FM_Wii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I believe that compatibility list is very outdated. Dosbox Wii was recently updated with dynrec core and it really makes a great difference! It can manage most of the games from the 486 era really well. I haven't tried Rayman, but I believe it's running good.
Replacing Dos4gw with Dos32a can also be of great help with some games.
The games all run, as long as you know how to correctly set the .conf files.
Doom-like games are struggling with the frame rate, but some simple 3D games like F1GP and Robocop 3 are running perfectly.
Other games that performs really good are Alien Rampage, Wolf3d, Warcraft1, Little Big Adventure, Alone in the Dark 1+2, Jazz Jack Rabbit, Superfrog, Ultima Underworld 1+2.
OH MAN, JAZZ JACKRABBIT?! Now that's something to hear! Thanks for notifying me about this update, i'm really interested to see some deeper documentation about what games and homebrew material (like fan ports) it can run

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Time to transfer files
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    "it was so hard the first time"
    +1
    Gift
    "Time to transfer files" bro having sex with robots
    +1
    Gift
    honestly knowing ken that isn't that unbelievable
    +1
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    arent many ps5 exclusives it's true, but there are a whole lot of ps4 games that got ps5 upgrades
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    and those have to be stored on one of the SSDs
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    "time to smash the stack"
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Uremum does like to call me dadbot
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Nothing beats a midnight shower
    Gift
  • AkiraKurusu @ AkiraKurusu:
    I'd say there would be more PS5 exclusives...if people could actually buy PS5s.
    Gift
  • Gift
  • AkiraKurusu @ AkiraKurusu:
    I mean, if no-one can buy a PS5, and thus is stuck with PS4 (Pros), then companies would still see some profit from developing PS4 games with PS5 upgrades; meanwhile, if they developed a PS5 game, then everyone who can't get that console won't buy that game, especially at launch.
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Nah every console starts early with low libraries
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    well theyre churning them out as fast as they possibly can, not like Xbox or PC are faring much better with the chip shortages
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    and games still take 4-6 years to develop regardless, so its not like sony can conjure up new exclusives out of thin air
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Makes me wonder what they have now and are actually hiding from the public
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    I hope in the next 5 years they can move on to even more realistic skin renders and not just make characters look like Shiney clay molds
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm waiting for the ultimate DLC, "The Most Dangerous Game".
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Let me hunt people or GTFO :angry:
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    It's just a $1 just shoot some dogs
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    I tried the chick fil a sauce Walmart has now it lives to the hype
    Gift
  • WG481 @ WG481:
    I swear you two are the only people who consistently use the chat feature