Hacking Outaded hacked Wii

anime4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I would like to update all the hacking files on my, usb, sd card. I know there are some topics on this but I could not find them.

It have been around a year since I update it. I heard I could do it with ModMii but I am not sure what to do since mine is not virgin.
Here are the files I have on my SD(if helpful):

usbwii.png

Thanks

anime4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know about what's on your SD card, but to update it just follow ModMii like you heard. When you start up the guide, it will ask you if you want to remod your Wii as if it's a virgin. Just say yes to that and follow the rest of the guide.
Thank you.

I heard something d2x, will it be included in the update (I do not know if I need it).
And to update my USBLoader I just need to run it and check for updates right?

anime4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just tried booting my Wii which was on 4.3u( had an to one channel), and I can't seem to find the homebew channel.
I see Neogamma r7 but not the Homebew channel.
DO you think that I have to sort of place a new one in the SD?

edit: sorry, forgot it was on bootmii.

THanks

edit2: When I try to boot it from bootmii, ti just give me a black screen.
ANy ideas?

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol. since your on 4.3 go to the letterbomb website then go to your wii internet settings then wiew status(i think) then enter your mac ardess on it donwload letterbomb put it on your sd go to the wii message board (make sure the sd is in) go to yesterday(or today it depends the the time zone) then run the hackmii installer and MOD YOUR WII

anime4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol. since your on 4.3 go to the letterbomb website then go to your wii internet settings then wiew status(i think) then enter your mac ardess on it donwload letterbomb put it on your sd go to the wii message board (make sure the sd is in) go to yesterday(or today it depends the the time zone) then run the hackmii installer and MOD YOUR WII

anime4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a quick question.

I updated everything trough ModMii and now updated CFB Loader.

tried riping an old DVD which had New Super Mario Bros on it ( it was a copy) and when I try to load it it gives me a black screen, and also tells me right before IOS 249(I think0 blocked).

Thanks ( I know its now suppose to be in the loader section but here you have my history)

Deanr1977

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why not try the newest version of pimp my wii? it can update almost everything needed & if you dont wanna update anything you just say no?

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So.. Did you update to 4.3 in some attempt to make the Wii a virgin again?.. Probably screwed the Homebrew channel, letterbomb will work for getting HBC back on there. After that, use ModMii, after pressing I Agree I suggest you input W, and it'll take you through what to do. If you have access to BootMii, and have a NAND dump, shouldn't you be able to revert back to whatever your backup was on?

Also, you didn't block the IOS re-load on your ripped game which had the updates still on the image, correct? I'm also assuming you didn't use priiloader to block updates and such too. Probably stubbed your IOS. Also, I highly suggest you do not use "brick my wii," if you follow what I said, you should have a fully working Wii that's updated to do all of you want.

Note: 4.3 prevents homebrew such as GeckoOS, it's junk.. 4.2 isn't bad since most the issues it caused were cleared up with updates, so if you have a nand dump (Assuming you do because you'd be an idiot if you didn't) and it's on a later firmware version than 4.3, I suggest you flash it back over and the furthest you should go is 4.2. You don't have to be on 4.3 to play the newest games, for example, I'm playing my legit copy of Skyward Sword on 4.2, just updated all of my stuff.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The best thing you can do is to use the modmii wizard like C-Kronos already suggested. And for the system menu, yeah 4.2 is alright, modmii will suggest you 4.1 because it's the last system menu with a REAL update in it. 4.2 and 4.3 are just homebrew blocker updates. You can still play all games with a older system menu using priiloader (modmii will ask you) so it shouldn't be a problem.
Oh and please, don't use brickmywii ;)

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Why not try the newest version of pimp my wii? it can update almost everything needed & if you dont wanna update anything you just say no?

Because ModMii is better. Period.
ModMii cant update "almost" everything, it CAN update everything needed. On top of that XFlak is very fast with fixing bugs and is very happy to give support (ok I dont know about the happy-part, but he gives support all the time :))

And finally, most of us here on gbatemp know how to use modmii etc and can easily answer most questions.

anime4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Like you said guys, I followed everything using ModMii and SysCheck.
Installed PriiLoader, etc.

But when I try to lunch a game it still says ios29 blocked right before going to a black screen.

Btw, when I installed all the was for with Wiimod and it says successful and I press B and it verify, it says stub 51. Don't know if it got anything to do with my problem.

Also I still have a nand backup from 4.1 or 4.2.
Just in case there is no fix for my problem.

edit: Btw it may be just a bad backup, since when I tried to rip it, I had several errors9I think those were errors)

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like you said guys, I followed everything using ModMii and SysCheck.
Installed PriiLoader, etc.

But when I try to lunch a game it still says ios29 blocked right before going to a black screen.

Btw, when I installed all the was for with Wiimod and it says successful and I press B and it verify, it says stub 51. Don't know if it got anything to do with my problem.

Also I still have a nand backup from 4.1 or 4.2.
Just in case there is no fix for my problem.

edit: Btw it may be just a bad backup, since when I tried to rip it, I had several errors9I think those were errors)

If you're referring to the NAND dump having a bad block or two, that's not a big deal, it's actually quite common. I'd say 4.2 would be the highest you should be at, and why are you trying to boot a game with IOS29?.. You should be using IOS249.. Also, do you have bootmii installed as boot2, it's very important just incase of a brick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)