OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've currently got the following running on an emunand SD card:

FW 10.0.2
Kosmos 15.6
AMS 0.11.1

and on the actual NAND I just have OFW 11.x (current version whatever it is)

I'm completely at a loss on how to update the emunand now, (other than copying over the new atmosphere version) - how do i safely update the emunand FW? do i need seperate sigpatches? what else did Kosmos do for me that vanilla AMS will not?

apoptygma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just trying to put some bits together and work this out for myself - looks like i need to

1) download the 11.0.1 FW (got this, hash is 73200c7e53c864f06f648c121ee78677)

2) use some kinda NSP to apply that (don't know the name of a program yet)

3) remove the SD card and put Atmoshpere on there

4) ???

Kingadent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
Actually, you should

1. update Atmosphere
2. put 11.0.1 on your SD card
3. use Daybreak (included with Atmosphere) to update the emunand version

Reactions: BigOnYa

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've currently got the following running on an emunand SD card:

FW 10.0.2
Kosmos 15.6
AMS 0.11.1

and on the actual NAND I just have OFW 11.x (current version whatever it is)

I'm completely at a loss on how to update the emunand now, (other than copying over the new atmosphere version) - how do i safely update the emunand FW? do i need seperate sigpatches? what else did Kosmos do for me that vanilla AMS will not?
You can use either ChoiDujourNX or Daybreak to update your firmware. Kosmos is not a CFW so the patches are not different but you should be aware that there are 2 sets of patches depending on how you launch Atmosphere. Kosmos is just a package of Atmosphere, Hekate, and some homebrew applications so it is not that different from a vanilla Atmosphere release.

apoptygma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You can use either ChoiDujourNX or Daybreak to update your firmware. Kosmos is not a CFW so the patches are not different but you should be aware that there are 2 sets of patches depending on how you launch Atmosphere. Kosmos is just a package of Atmosphere, Hekate, and some homebrew applications so it is not that different from a vanilla Atmosphere release.

Can you elaborate on the 2 sets of patches thing? I've been launching atmosphere from an emunand on the SD card via reinx? I think the bootloader is called

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you elaborate on the 2 sets of patches thing? I've been launching atmosphere from an emunand on the SD card via reinx? I think the bootloader is called
FS patching (e.g. used for launching homebrew .NSP files and .XCI converts) differs based upon the bootloader used to launch Atmosphere whether its Hekate or fusee_primary. ReiNX is dead but ReiNX has its own set of patches that are not applied to Atmosphere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: