kingeightsix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
as most of you know... i'm on house. since house, i've been gaining a new buddy where my stomache used to be lol.

i can sneak out at night when the old man is asleep because during the day he gets paranoid about me even crossing the street.
it's winter, though, so even if i sneak out for a jog; my asthma will kick in far before i even make 2 laps around the track... =[

ever since i got in here, i figured i'd do push ups & sit ups, every morning & night... but that didn't work out because i lost motivation (being stuck inside all day makes you feel like you don't wanna do anything).

then...

out of the blue, i figured it out!
i'm one of those people who need to be pushed or reminded to do things in order to do them... sadly.

well, i have this program called tclock light (it's very basic & very useful)...
it's actually just a program to customize your window's taskbar (start menu, clock, etc.) but it comes with alarm clocks & a cuckoo clock

what does this have to do with me getting back in shape?
well, sitting at home, you rarely feel like getting off the chair / sofa / bed to do pushups...
well, if you had someone poking you here & there to remind you, you'd probably feel more motivated (or annoyed) to do it.

i set up the cuckoo clock (you could use another method or just listen to a cuckoo clock at home if you have one) so i could hear a sound. everytime i hear that sound, i immediately do a quick 5 minute session with sit ups & push ups... i do as many reps as i can & that's it for that hour.
i'll repeat this every hour during the day (unless i'm engaged in dota, ofcourse).

it feels kind of hard to do because i might feel lazy but then i just gotta keep reminding myself, it's only 5 minute out of every hour. 5 measly minutes! unless you're dying, 5 minutes is nothing... it goes by just like that.

if you guys are under the same conditions as i am in, here's a link to the tclock program:
http://homepage1.nifty.com/kazubon/tclocklight/index.html

this is just the beginning of my new plan to get back in shape... so if you have any suggestions (workout tips, in-home excercises, anything...), please share!

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can, go to the gym. At first it's embarrasing working out in front of other people but it's only bad the first few times. Weight lifting machines get you in shape twice as fast and are much easier to use. I just go everyday at 3:00p.m. before the non-homeschooled kids get out of school.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
If you can, go to the gym. At first it's embarrasing working out in front of other people but it's only bad the first few times. Weight lifting machines get you in shape twice as fast and are much easier to use. I just go everyday at 3:00p.m. before the non-homeschooled kids get out of school.
Kingy is on house arrest unfortunately. I remember I used to have a book about Bruce Lee's workout routine. It was awesome cause it could all be done at home. My brothers used it back in the day (one ran a pool hall overnight and the other was a....Male Dancer....and not the chippendale kind...)

kingeightsix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

no can do... i used to hit the gym when i was allowed to leave the premises. when i say i'm on house... it means i can't leave or the mother fucken police will harass me, then put me back in jail.

kingeightsix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Kingy is on house arrest unfortunately. I remember I used to have a book about Bruce Lee's workout routine. It was awesome cause it could all be done at home. My brothers used it back in the day (one ran a pool hall overnight and the other was a....Male Dancer....and not the chippendale kind...)

REALLY!? you think you could find that book, again? i swear you'd have my gratitude if you could get it scanned for me lol!

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, that's too bad. Yeah, I know the feeling alot of close friends of mine have been put under house arrest (well, mostly juvy). Yeah, I don't know what to do, maybe buy a dumbell and an old bench press if you have the room.....

kingeightsix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
He killed the last guy that asked him that same question......hence the house arrest.

LOL but i was on house arrest before that... so how did i get on house arrest before he asked me that question?! oh no!!!

Ah, that's too bad. Yeah, I know the feeling alot of close friends of mine have been put under house arrest (well, mostly juvy). Yeah, I don't know what to do, maybe buy a dumbell and an old bench press if you have the room.....

no can do... this house is damn cluttered... i DO have dumbells... but they're too heavy now... i used to be able to use heavier ones at the gym but i lost everything when i stayed here for 4 months lol... so sad... so sad...

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I do have to say, & I'm SURE you agree, that House Arrest is MUCH better than going back to the Pen (jail for you newbs).

YES YES YES FUCK YESSS... and with the charges i've got... I'VE GOT A HORSESHOE UP MY ASS.

Y'know, that just makes everyone more intrigued, and we are giving you our humble hospitality here at hotel GBAtemp.
tongue.gif

kingeightsix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I do have to say, & I'm SURE you agree, that House Arrest is MUCH better than going back to the Pen (jail for you newbs).

YES YES YES FUCK YESSS... and with the charges i've got... I'VE GOT A HORSESHOE UP MY ASS.

Y'know, that just makes everyone more intrigued, and we are giving you our humble hospitality here at hotel GBAtemp.
tongue.gif

well, it wasn't anything extremely sick or out of the ordinary... when it all blows over, i'll let you guys all know what it was about =]

when it all blows over, though =[ i may be leaving with a big goodbye post... because i've decided to keep my life VERY full & occupied when i'm out... =D i'll probably be back here every so often to see how everyone's doing but i won't be here everyday... like how i am now lol

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
there's no need for a big goodbye post, ive been inactive for long periods of time before with no one noticing or caring
frown.gif

kingeightsix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
u got "doodled"?!?!?!?! 
ohmy.gif
 Â .......

???

there's no need for a big goodbye post, ive been inactive for long periods of time before with no one noticing or caring
frown.gif

LOL you MAY be right... but i have this whole plan & all... & i guess i'm saying goodbye for my own, personal reason... you know, something like a butterfly... i was a caterpillar... then i got trapped in a FUCKING coccoon... and then i become a butterfly & fly off to have lots of sex with drunk girls from the clubs... oops... did i say that out loud?

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif

I've been seeing u around and I'm always gone for long periods of time (except now cause im asking around about DS-X) and I dont care that nobody knows. I'm not Mr. Popularity or anything but i wouldnt care ne way and thay probly wouldnt notice
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif

I've been seeing u around and I'm always gone for long periods of time (except now cause im asking around about DS-X) and I dont care that nobody knows. I'm not Mr. Popularity or anything but i wouldnt care ne way and thay probly wouldnt notice
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
I would..well at least my inbox would
rofl2.gif
j/k

BTW, King, my horse called, said he wanted his horseshoe back XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu