Gaming Out of Region Saves

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
almost all game rips that I've found have been for European versions. however, all of my saves are from the American version. will my saves work with these rips?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you mean that a save made from the US version of a game will also work on the European version? after finding out that each region seems to use a different title id, I assumed the title id for the game would be in the save somewhere.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you mean that a save made from the US version of a game will also work on the European version? after finding out that each region seems to use a different title id, I assumed the title id for the game would be in the save somewhere.

Games are region free, like I said before certain games from certain region get treated as it is specific region like Xenoblade 2 Japanese version, like how the eshop would treat Xenoblade 2 Japanese version as a different game even though you own the other region version.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming that the content id is how coins work, 'cause if you use a different region game than the region your profile is set for, it will error when trying to redeem coins. beyond that, I don't understand why every game seems to have a different content id despite region if they're essentially the same game. it's much harder to get a specific region with Nintendo and Xbox consoles, since the games have to be dumped from the system. Sony's servers can be accessed on the pc without risk of ban, and there have been several people who've made databases for their content.

so far, I've found one game in my nsp folder to have a different content id than the update. the content id is in the file, near the top, followed by several 0s. I assume that that's where that id comes from when renaming, and the third number from the right is how it determines game, update, dlc, but in a lot of cases, it can't determine game name. I don't know how all of this affects one another even for a region free system.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've learned that saves don't work with all regions. I read that atmosphere can change a game's region, but does that mean an American save will then work on what was originally a European game? a good 90% of games I find online are for the European version of the game. right now, I'm just downloading games I bought (European instead of American), so that's how I learned this about saves (2 copies of poi with each a different region). it does seem to be rare that a game is dumped more than once among all regions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"