funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I have cioscorp and preloader.So heres the deal.I want to play a pal game on my ntsc wii.I put the disk in the wii tray and it showed up as a disk (harvest moon Magical melody).I then pressed start and my screen just went black.How can i get this game to work.(I patched this to ntsc and brickblocked it) Should i just not patch it to ntsc?

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
You often get this sort of problem with cross-region games and mod chips - harvest moon NTSC does it on my PAL wii.

They work for me if I use Gecko OS / softchip / gamma. I'd suggest launching the game through softchip or gamma.

I'd suggest the problem is a video mode incompatibility or maybe missing IOS versions it needs. Which firmware version are you running?

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 3.2 but the harvest moon im talking about doesnt exist on ntsc your probably thinking harvest moon tree of tranquility.I have magical melody which is a port of a gamecube title.Maybe i shouldnt have converted it and just left it pal

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
I was thinking of tree of tranquility yeah.

Either way - you'll get much better cross-region compatibility if you use softchip or gamma.

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
funnystory said:
Hey guys I have cioscorp and preloader.So heres the deal.I want to play a pal game on my ntsc wii.I put the disk in the wii tray and it showed up as a disk (harvest moon Magical melody).I then pressed start and my screen just went black.How can i get this game to work.(I patched this to ntsc and brickblocked it) Should i just not patch it to ntsc?

Patch it to your region.

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did but the games plays in a black and white screen and when i select force ntsc i get a green screen that is frozen.

jlg6184

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it is patched with RegionFrii from Pal to NTSC it should work with the CIOSCorps from the disc channel.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
what you need is to use AnyRegionChanger1.1b_mod5, this one installs a SysMenu prepatched with certain hacks that enables the real region free, and that is what you're missing from packages like MiiWii and softmii, after this only reinstall cIOS30 from CIOScorp package, cause ARC installs a IOS30 so the cIOS capability will be lost, so:

1) Run that specific version of ARC (ARC1.1b_mod5)
2)Re-install cIOS30.wad from CIOScorp package
3) Enjoy your games

PS. still some games don't like to be forced to other video output, so you still need the launchers for certain games, Eg. PIKMIN1 can only work if you have japanese language setted, Deal or no Deal (PAL) don't even have NTSC video mode, and so on and on, but this are only a few cases...!!
wink.gif

EDIT: disable all the hacks in preloader that has to be with region free or GC stuff, that breaks region free in some games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple