Out of region games and bricks.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by templarman077, Apr 24, 2017.

1. templarman077
    OP

templarman077 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2017
    United States
    Right now im just Running Haxchi (not Coldboot Haxchi) with Isouhax using skulllator tutorial. I was wondering is it safe to install Out of Region Games on a Hard Drive. Ive heard so many conflicting stories on this. IF i reboot is it going screw up on me. Plus I don't have any intention of messing around with the System memory any further.

Last edited by templarman077, Apr 24, 2017
  2. SANIC

SANIC GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence

Jan 13, 2017
    United States
    Don't believe the bricking myths

Ryccardo likes this.
  3. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Why the fuck do people believe this terrible myth one it's not fucking true and secondly it makes no sense at all how on earth is installing a game to a hard drive going to brick the wiiu. The game is on hdd no wiiu file systems are being altered also why would the makers of haxchi and mocha tell you they are both region free if it bricked the wiiu ect. Here's a region free cfw but it can't play out of region games as your wiiu will brick what would be the fucking point in making it region free then.

Last edited by Marko76, Apr 24, 2017
  4. Tomy Sakazaki

Tomy Sakazaki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 23, 2006
    Brazil
    Worst can happen is having a error message while trying to launch said games before launching Haxchi, akin to trying to launch same regions games with fake signing.
    Maybe those people are confusing the "only use legit DS games to install CBHC or you'll brick" with simply installing out of regions games.

5. Felek666

Felek666 Archdemon | #AMDForever

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Outdated method + Youtube guide. Gotta love people nowadays.
    Trash fw.img/redNAND and other crap it did give you and follow our guides which are 100% up-to-date.

Kafluke and rw-r-r_0644 like this.