Out of region ACNL corrupted

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by VAREONS, Jan 8, 2017.

1. VAREONS
    OP

VAREONS Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2017
    United States
    So I have an American ACNL cartridge that I play on my American o3DS (11.2 Luma3DS Installed),
    I got a Japanese N3DS and was able to install Luma3DS on it but whenever I insert my ACNL cartridge it loads up perfectly fine but states my save is corrupted. I'm pretty sure it's because of the region issue due to my american o3ds loading it without any issues. Is there any workaround to this issue?

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Possibly because of the region difference part, most likely anyway. I'd recommend region-changing it to US so then it should work fine? Maybe keep sysnand JPN and make a USA emunand

VAREONS likes this.
  3. pixelmasher

pixelmasher Gaming Gamer

Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    Near N3DS
    Is your ACNL have updated save for amiibo+? If it does, then you'll need those update files installed on your Japanese N3DS to work. They changed the save format with the update. New game save won't work on original ACNL cart without update.

4. VAREONS
    OP

VAREONS Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2017
    United States
    Yup already updated on my N3DS because ACNL will refuse to even start up if not updated on 11.2

5. pixelmasher

pixelmasher Gaming Gamer

Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    Near N3DS
    I meant the game, not the system, but the game's probably updated too since I think the old one worked on firmware 6 or something.

So your problem is you system not having the update data for the game. Install the update and try it. Update for all the regions are on freeShop, or it should be. The title keys are all out.

6. VAREONS
    OP

VAREONS Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2017
    United States
    Sorry, I worded that terribly lol. I mean I already downloaded the update data on my N3DS, I had to because it would refuse to start up saying a game update is required to run on 11.2

7. pixelmasher

pixelmasher Gaming Gamer

Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    Near N3DS
    It could be secure value thing. Go into JKSM or whatever you are using to manage your saves, backup the game, then restore the backup. It should fix it if that's the issue. I haven't had any issues playing the cart on multiple systems, but that was before the update and on same region systems.