Status
Not open for further replies.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't play online or save data because I am out of memory. Here is what I had installed and don't know if un0installing it will brick my Wii completely. Should I send my Wii to Nintendo for repair? I want to keep my modifications but I want to get rid of this 4.3U firmware and update it the SAFE WAY and official way without losing HB stuff. And I need to un-WAD the Wii Shop Channel and don't know if that will brick my Wii. What else from HBC takes up Wii Internal Memory space? And what hacks should I have on/off if I want to update to 4.3U (not WAN) and retrieve as much memory as possible? Will I be able to get teh Wii Shop Channel to load if I un-WAD it tehn update the normal way? I had WiiSCU'd it but don't know if I need to un-install that too. I had the NUS downlaoder installed. I gotta get all of this off my Wii but not bricking it.

Also the Black Ops headset when plugged into the USB port did not turn on my Wii. WHen I turned it on, it froze. WTF is wrong here?

http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-custom-softwar...o-official.html

is the firmware version that I had downloaed taht took up so many blocks

How much blocks does WADs and other insatlltions take up? Could Nintendo fix them if I sent them the Wii for repairs? I want to keep all my files on my SD card that are in place but get rid of the junk on the Wii memory that takes up so much space.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
go into the data management screen. i'm guessing that you probably have a bunch of wiiware and vc games installed. just delete what you don't play any longer or copy them to sd and then delete them from the nand. also some game saves can take up quite a few blocks. look at your game save and do the same. tha should free up some memory for you. don't send it to nintendo.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have priiloader installed too.

Why not send it to Nintendo? It's the APPLICATIONS I want to delete. Should I NAND back up again? I want like Dop Mii to be deleted. Data Managment is where I go to delete memory blocks but I had my Wii repaired by Nintendo so that means some data is stuck in the channels and not back onto the Data mnagemnt tab yet. I had my Wii repaired before I got into hacking. Does installing these things cost that many blocks? I want to keep all of my saved games atm. I do not know how to run Triforce.

smash_brew

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
exactly what applications do you want to delete? dop-mii runs from your sd card and is not taking up any of your nand. if you are talking about deleting ios's that's not a good idea and if you do delete them it's not going to free up any space. you can use atd to delete pretty much anything you want, so if your looking to delete the news, weather, photo, or shop channel thats the way to go. just be fore warned that deleting the shop channel will also delete your account and remove what ever you have purchased from said channel as well as any points you have. if you need to free up memory you should just do what i said in my first post.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to delte the Shop Channel, I hjad it WADDED because I didn't want to update. I want to un-install taht WAD. And I want all Channels. I just want the HOMEBREW apps un-installed. Which ones take up the space? How do I get rid of that 4.3 Firmware one? And what should I do about NAND?

smash_brew

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow. ok. uninstalling the shop channel=deleting shop channel. Uninstalling system menu wad=brick. What channels do you have installed that you want to get rid of? deleting channels and game saves are the only way you can free up space on your nand.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was an NUS downloader upgrade version. I want to uninstall taht and stil keep the Shop Channel. If you hop on messenger (yahoo, AIM, MSN, Skype, etc) I can link you to what I am talking about. My personal messenger and commenting is disbaled atm so just post it here. I want all of my currently saved games and save data. I just want to get rid of WAD's and other firmware upgrades. They don't have IOS's attached to them I believe.

smash_brew

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
holly crap. you really should stop touching your wii before you break it. uninstalling the 4.3 system menu wad that you installed will brick your wii. and you cannot uninstall a wad for a channel without deleting said channel.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please log on messenger. Someone told me it is ok to un-install the app. I can LINK YOU to what I am talking about. Maybe I should just send it in to Nintendo for repair.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't sending a modded Wii to Nintendo be a bad idea? They would probably just send it back saying that you voided your warranty when you modded your Wii.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smash-brew, do you have any messenger? I can gladly give you the details there. And I did not void my Warranty and I needed to copy WIFI gamaes to the SD card which Nintendo won't allow for no reason at all. And I should delete via the data managemtn and not the channels? There are two places of memory.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the shop channel wad that you installed wouldn't be taking up that much space, so, try the following

go in to your data management, then the channels, and see how many blocks are left on you wii (bottom right corner). If its really low than delete some virtual console, wiiware or any other channels listed there.

You can also go in to the save data part of the data management and see if there are any game saves taking up a lot of room, if there are copy them to a sd card and delete them from your wii (or just delete them without copying them first if you dont care about the game save being lost)

Dont go uninstalling the shop channel or other stuff you know nothing about. And don't send your wii to nintendo, you hacked it, it doesn't matter what for, and that voids your warranty

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean they won't fix it? I will give them extra money if they want. Look at that firmware version that I posted. I want to un-install that. And that shop channel WAD. I don't know what else I should un-install but should I also check my System Channels or no?

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
person66 said:
And don't send your Wii to Nintendo, you hacked it, it doesn't matter what for, and that voids your warranty
Ah-ha! So I was right!
tongue.gif

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So smashdude, you wish to... delete titles... from your Wii?

Why not... use AnyTitle Deleter?

Use it to delete titles that you do not want installed on your Wii.

I am assuming you know how to load up the application and use it, yes?
The app's interface is easy to use. Just choose the title, then press the A button a few times.

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
The newer wiis comes with an Nintendo introduction video. This video channel is useless (if seen once) and needs >1000 blocks. Remove it with the SD-Card-Manger of the Wii.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
tbh, it'sn't homebrew thas taking up space, it's mre like all those vc/wiiware games on oyur wii, also it could be because of the amount of SSBB video's you saved as replayes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.