Out of Curiosity...

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by [M]artin, Nov 9, 2006.

Nov 9, 2006

Out of Curiosity... by [M]artin at 5:21 PM (977 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. [M]artin
    OP

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Out of curiosity, I was wondering how some of these roms reach our hands a few days before the country's actual release date. Not complaining or anything, I loves it, but I just wanted to know how we get them, and a big hug to anyone who works behind the scenes to deliver them to the DS community. [​IMG]

2. gixxaman

Newcomer gixxaman Advanced Member

United States
    Simple. Video Game stores get these games up to 1.5-2 weeks early. Like the one i work for, we sold our entire Guitar Hero 2 inventory (25) before street date. So its really not hard for people to get ahold of stuff a few weeks early. Now say month early, that is prob for someone who has a relative working for either a distrobution company or nintendo itself.

3. ds6220

Member ds6220 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I am going to jump right in and clarify that I am pretty sure he is not asking for the roms, only how the games get dumped so early.(Edit: although now it looks like that is pretty obvious so disregard) I am unsure of the exact methods but I am pretty sure they come from folks in the industry. You know, works at a EB Games or maybe for the developer or something like that. A mole. [​IMG]

4. [M]artin
    OP

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Awesome! The whole thought of gamers secretly working to benifet the DS homebrew community gives me the fuzzies [​IMG]

5. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    This response has no relevance to this topic, but I have got to say that is the most awesome avatar I have ever seen.

6. [M]artin
    OP

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Thanks! A friend sent it to me, actually. [​IMG]