[?] Out of curiosity, how come Ironhax immediately returns to the Home Menu in some special case(s)?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by TamDanny, Sep 13, 2015.

1. TamDanny
    OP

TamDanny GBATemp 3DS Fanatic

Aug 20, 2015
    Mexico
    I'm not sure there are different cases, but it's plausible.
    I noticed that whenever I want to open Ironfall, when Smash 3DS is open (y'know, closing Smash, then immediately open Ironfall), it launches normally, but when opening Ironhax, it proceeds normally until the "the homemenu ropbin is ready" part. Immediately after that, the Home Menu loads up almost instantly. I'm guessing because Smash is the only game out there that requires a restart whenever you want to close the game, but that's just a hunch...

I'm just curious why that happens. Nothing urgent or anything, just wondering...

SuperScore29 and V3NUS_M1NER like this.
  2. MassExplosion213

MassExplosion213 .

Feb 15, 2015
    United States
    Let me guess, O3DS?

3. doctorgoat

doctorgoat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 3, 2015
    United States
    Are you completely closing Smash? Smash does some weird stuff with memory and if you're just suspending it and launching something else.

edit:wait, i read that closer. I've never noticed having to restart to close it

4. TamDanny
    OP

TamDanny GBATemp 3DS Fanatic

Aug 20, 2015
    Mexico
    Yyyyup. But the thing is that Ironfall loads up normally after switching games, but when starting up Ironhax, it goes straight back to the home menu, closing Ironfall, in like a quarter of a second. It's got me wondering for a bit.

5. MassExplosion213

MassExplosion213 .

Feb 15, 2015
    United States
    It's the way the 3DS handles games like Smash. It clears as much memory as possible by disabling...applets...hmmm....

HaloEffect17 likes this.