Other Ways of saving for Mother 3

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by Earthbound2, Oct 19, 2008.

Oct 19, 2008
  1. Earthbound2
    OP

Newcomer Earthbound2 Member

United States
    My in-game saving doesn't work and I really want to keep on playing Mother 3.. So is there anyway to save like on an emulator (Like save state, or a button combination to do an auto save or something)?

The frogs are being mean and tell me i'm unable to save, treating me like some handicapped group-of-pixels. [​IMG]
    So yeah, I'm using an M3 DS Real and I downloaded the latest Sakura thing with the iTouchDS (the triple loader or whatever).

Or, if possible, explain to me how to fix this save problem. Save Fix Patches only disable the ability to go past the "GAMEBOY Nintendo" screen (which goes all white after that in some cases), so yea..

Any help would be great! I tried redoing everything with a new ROM etc, but it still didn't work, so please don't give me any completely obvious strategies of how to fix this since I'd probably have already tried them..

2. seedvt

Member seedvt GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I heard that using GBA ExpLoader to run Mother 3 works.

3. Dark

Member Dark GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You have to use the m3 reals rts if it works. I didn't play this game yet.

4. Earthbound2
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the attempt of help..
    No, my L+R Button doesn't work sadly [​IMG]

so RTS Doesn't work..

And also, it's loading properly for me and works perfectly, even saving. I just needed to switch the firmware. the only problem is that the save file occasionally vanishes completely so i'd have to start over..

5. carterman

Member carterman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The only advice I could give there is to make sure you're backing up your save, make sure your SRAM battery is charged (leave the system on plugged into your charger overnight), and what I always do is to turn my DS back on right after I'm done playing a GBA game to make absolutely sure the save got backed up.

6. Earthbound2
    OP

United States
    Well, this thread is slightly pointless now for the following reasons:
    1) Beat mother 3
    2) got a new DSlite [​IMG]

But I'm sort of back to the first GBA Problem now. I Fixed this by switching firmwares, but that trick doesn't seem to work.. Anyway, my problem now is that the game stops/freezes at the "GAMEBOY Nintendo" screen.. Sorry for being off-topic. ^-^