Other Region Games In English

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by PandaMayFire, Sep 22, 2015.

1. PandaMayFire
    OP

PandaMayFire GBAtemp Regular

Jan 24, 2015
    United States
    So the title says it all... I want to know if there's a way to play other region games with English text. Maybe a plugin or something like that, or no dice?

Margen67 likes this.
  2. LameNobody

LameNobody Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2015
    Canada
    Doesn't NTR have that language emulation plugin?
    Unless you're looking for a literal romhack/translation...

Zidapi and Margen67 like this.
  3. purechaos996

purechaos996 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 5, 2008
    United States
    Connecticut
    Unless there is a fan translation or the game somehow has the translated text in the ROM, I don't think you can. I'm pretty sure PastaCFW has the ability to apply translation patches like the one for Fire Emblem: Fates.

Margen67 likes this.
  4. calebsw

calebsw GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2015
    United States
    Are you asking to use games with english translation patches? Or are you looking for games outside of the US region that are in english, or still playable without knowing whatever the region's language?

5. PandaMayFire
    OP

PandaMayFire GBAtemp Regular

Jan 24, 2015
    United States
    Yes, but I've never used it before, would it work with Super Mystery Dungeon?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Well I have a few Japanese exclusives along with Super Mystery Dungeon and I was wanting to play them in English, would I have to use English patches on them? If so, where can I download these patches?

6. LameNobody

LameNobody Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2015
    Canada
    If the game does not have English as an included language... you will need a fan made transaltion
    Unfortunately we can't link to places to get the files... copyrighted content and such..

But in order to use the translations you'd need NTR's layeredFS plugin..
    According to @purechaos996 in his post above, PastaCFW has a similar function to do the same thing