Hacking Other places to buy the Pokewalker?

SamusKnight2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as I don't care to buy the whole game, I'm curious of other places to buy the Pokewalker. I tried Shoptemp but doesn't seem it's listed there. Nintendo's shop site has it for about $14.99 minus tax/shipping but I'm wondering if there's other places that might carry it for less. eBay listings surprisingly charge more than even Nintendo's site. If there are other sites please let me know, thanks.

markvn

Trophies
Website
homebrewds.websitemaker.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
SamusKnight2K said:
Seeing as I don't care to buy the whole game, I'm curious of other places to buy the Pokewalker. I tried Shoptemp but doesn't seem it's listed there. Nintendo's shop site has it for about $14.99 minus tax/shipping but I'm wondering if there's other places that might carry it for less. eBay listings surprisingly charge more than even Nintendo's site. If there are other sites please let me know, thanks.

Well, if you only want to buy the pokewalker, you can't use it.
That's because the pokewalker communicates with the game over infrared.
None of the flashcards available at this moment have them, and I think there also won't come one.
So, if you want to use it, buy the whole game

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
markvn said:
SamusKnight2K said:

None of the flashcards available at this moment have them, and I think there also won't come one.
like he said, you need the real game, and the pokewalker only works with soulsilver and heartgold, so if u wanted to use it for another game, you can't. I can't think of any other reason you would want one...

SamusKnight2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crud, well thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't aware that flashcarts couldn't use infrared or whatnot. Oh well, honestly I don't care too much about the Pokemon games to pick up the real deal. It's not that they're bad games, I just wouldn't see myself playing the game enough to shell out the cash for it.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Terminator02 said:
markvn said:
SamusKnight2K said:

like he said, you need the real game, and the pokewalker only works with soulsilver and heartgold, so if u wanted to use it for another game, you can't. I can't think of any other reason you would want one...

Indeed if one loses or breaks the Pokéwalker, I could imagine someone would want to buy a new one. Then again if SamusKnight2K doesn't have the original game, it won't help him much
tongue.gif

//Qtis

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Rydian said:
"Can't use it" isn't really the right term, it's that the HG/SS retail cats have an IR chip inside them, which is not normal, only one previous game ever had an IR chip, and that was some sports game nobody cared about.

IIRC the game in question was "Walk with me" or something similar and that too used a pedometer to check steps in the same way as HG/SS. Well don't know what else can be done with the IR but possibly it might be added to a future flashcart?

//Qtis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night