Other people are claiming credit for The 4th Dimension editor

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Pomegranate, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Pomegranate
    OP

Pomegranate Banned

Banned
    Jun 24, 2016
    United States
    Hello. I would like to inform you that two men who go by "C" and "MasterF0x" and taking credit for this tool.
    Here is a post that "C" made.
    [​IMG]
    People in the Super Mario 3D Land Modding Discord believe that he made the tool.
    You can join the chat and set him straight here: https://discord.gg/015FntJgOKRQZDA8B
    I want to spread the word that exelix11 is the true creator and that "C" is taking credit for something he didn't do, so I made an account
    here.

Here is the YouTube channel of the people who are taking credit for the editor, you may want to dislike to support the true creator. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB4MoyBgNkNVPe6GYiD0ItA

Last edited by Pomegranate, Jun 24, 2016
    TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  2. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Ah... the internet. Where people get back at people they don't like by telling others to "dislike" their videos.

You're complaining about someone claiming this work as their own with no proof and then claiming this work is exelix11's with no proof. I'm not seeing the point of this post.

3. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    How do you know that the youtube channel isn't official?

4. Pomegranate
    OP

Pomegranate Banned

Banned
    Jun 24, 2016
    United States
    You can see exelix11's thread for the 4th dimension, he made it. Do you want me to link his github for it?
    The YT channel was made by the discord that is claiming credit, they said so

5. Eddypikachu

Eddypikachu GBAtemp Fan

Mar 25, 2015
    United States
    Well I mean exelix11 has been working on it since like April https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-the-fourth-dimension-a-super-mario-3d-land-level-editor.424001/

SuperVioshi and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  6. Pedeadstrian

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Well sorry I haven't read every single thread on this website in order to know such things. At first glance it just appeared to be some new member whining about something with no proof. They should definitely have included a link to that thread in the first post. Anyway, there was no need to make a new thread over this since you already made the same post in the aforementioned thread.

7. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    You come in here, not knowing anything. He sets you straight, and you still belittle him. Really?

SuperVioshi likes this.
  8. Pedeadstrian

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    I don't recall belittling anyone. And a good practice for any thread (or pretty much everything, really) is to make sure your audience doesn't need to do research to understand your point. The first post was basically "Hey, X and Y are claiming they made this tool when it was really Z who did." Not very informative. If all the OP did was make this post in the 4th Dimension thread or in the very least included a link to it I would not have had a reason to post.

9. Garro

Garro Pendulum of souls!

Aug 15, 2009
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Somewhere
    I think everyone that knows what the 4th dimention editor is, knows about who's the real author. Your complain is like complaining that when somebody post about a Luma3DS, they should explain what Luma3DS is. (Which is kind of redundant).

Anyways, I hope something is done with the guy, as somebody who has many artist friends I know how awful is when random people steal and claim your work as their. Despite how hard is to actually do something about it over the Internet.

Last edited by Garro, Jun 24, 2016
  10. Pomegranate
    OP

Pomegranate Banned

Banned
    Jun 24, 2016
    United States
    SUM1 HALP

11. EarlAB

EarlAB hon hon titty croissants

Banned
    Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere.
    Shove a Wii Remote up his ass and kick it further in, then Super Glue it.

SirBeethoven likes this.