Other M on Wiikey 2

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Hakoda, Aug 29, 2010.

Aug 29, 2010

Other M on Wiikey 2 by Hakoda at 6:23 AM (1,858 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Hakoda
    OP

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Okay so I'm on 4.3U with a WiiKey 2. I've wasted 7 DVD+R DL on Other M ISOs which only give errors in one way or another so if you are suggesting something, please be sure..,

I've tried both the XB3 & WiiTards release on Verbatim DVD+R DL discs at 4x with layer break 2084960 and bitsetting (booktype) to DVD-ROM. Also tried deleting the update partion

Error occurs after language/subtitles: "The disc could not be read". Error occurs in Neogamma r44 as well. cIOSr20b on base 57. Any advice?

[​IMG]

2. Hakoda
    OP

United States
    Bump. I just tried the iND release. Same result. I ran PimpMyWii to ensure I was not missing an IOS's.

3. terminal_illness

Member terminal_illness Dark Hadou Master

Canada
    you need the m3 release... with ciosx20b base 56

4. Hakoda
    OP

United States
    M3 release? Archive name please? Nevermind found it. What's special about this release?

I got it working using my AK2's 8GB MicroSD and formatting it WBFS and converting my iND to WBFS and running it via CFG loader. However, I prefer discs. If I must, I will find a way to get a USB harddrive.

5. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Right now, there is no clean release of it anyways. All Releases until now are modified or not working (my guess is that because they removed the Update-Partition, you would need to Trucha the IOS it uses + the Systemmenu IOS. But that's just a probably wrong guess. Though, this would explain why it works for some with a Loader+cIOS, no? Or am I missing something?). You shouldn't be that impatient, and wait for a proper release. Or, even better, if it's starting to piss you off...BUY THE DAMN GAME, AND STFU! You will have no problems with it then, belive me...

6. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    You get the error inside the game after getting ANYTHING from the game itself? Bad burn/media. Or you did really mess up your IOS, it should work fine for you with the latest untouched IOS installed.

DVD DL are hard to read for the wii, so they have to be perfect if you want to read them on your Wii. This means it needs to be really high quality media. I can't say anything about the burn speed for DL media, it might differ a lot from what's working for SL discs.

If the same image works from sd or usb, it has to work from disc too. If not that's not related to the used release.

7. Hakoda
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the insight. I'm getting the error in the game with Other M style and font so I agree it is a bad burn. Now I've narrowed it down to my burner being retarded. The iND/XB3 release boots on a 8GB MicroSDHC (usually for my AK2) in a USB Adapter using CFG Loader in WBFS format. The quality of the disc is Verbatim so you really can't get better than that or Taiyo Yuden so media is not at fault. My Wii drive reads a retail copy of Brawl just fine so I'd don't think that's the problem. My dad has an LG BD drive to I'm going to attempt so use his to burn the iND release. Thanks for the tip on the M3 release, saved me some media. I'm sure all of my ISO's are valid its just my Wii fails to read part of the game partition.

My burner is a HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH10L which is a stock LG that came with old my HP computer until I modified it with new hardware.

EDIT: I have ONE Verbatim DVD+R DL left. My question is should I wait for my BiOSHOCK release download to finish and burn that on my dad's BD drive or just burn the iND release on his drive?

8. Hakoda
    OP

United States
    Okay so I played a bit off my MicroSDHC for a bit then I ran the last disc I had of the iND release. It mounted and played right where I left off. I'm not sure of any future errors though.

Weirdly enough when I rebooted my Wii would NOT mount the disc in the disc channel. This went for all of my other burns of Other M. All them just got the "Unable to Read Disc" error in the disc channel. Of course they work with the new save file on NeoGamma.

9. codezer0

Member codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

United States
    Not wishing to hijack, but having similar issue.

Supposedly an english, NTSC release. Softmodded Wii, updated HBC to 1.0.8. Updated build of bootmii.

Running IOS 249 rev 19 (IIRC) + darkcorp 1.1 + hermes cIOS 5.0.

Starts up well enough on cfg USB loader, and got through the initial tutorial section. All seemed well, but then halfway through the next video (after she addresses the fed), it just freezed up on me. This is my first time running it, so I don't know if it was just a fluke there, but trying it again to see if it repeats.