other consoles relases discussion forum?

shito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i know this is a gba/ds community but, discuss about other consoles relases besides ds and wii would be nice too.
yaypsp.gif
nayps3.gif
(there's no x360 emoticon so i won't post it)

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deanxxczx said:

But under THAT logic, when was the last GBA dump released?
tongue.gif

Seriously, this is MAINLY a Nintendo based site. There are minor areas (that have grown heh) for other systems, but there are better, more developed sites for those systems.

We just happen to be the best damned Nintendo site out there.*

*Wait. I CAN make that claim. Right? I mean, cause we are? Hmmm...**

**None of the opinions expressed are those held by GBAtemp. WildWon's opinions mean absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things, and should be taken with a grain of salt. However, it is always a good idea to agree with him to his face even if you don't believe it. It helps his poor self esteem problems that sprouted from a 3rd grade play. But that's another story for another annotation.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBAtemp.

We're not temporary anymore so things change regardless of forum name. I have no interest in oter console releases but I agree that adding them will be a definite bonus to the forum, it'll bring more people and help us get more clicks on ads so we can have more stuff on the forum.

If people don't want to see 360 releases, they can always disable them.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
we could for now add a simple forum where people can post and discuss the latest releases for other systems...
because for now, we get a lot of those in various sections... in the 360 section or PSP section theres many discussion threads about those.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd LOVE to see that happen. I am constantly checking a few other sites for 360 & psp releases. If i can get it all in one place... i don't know WHAT i'd do!

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sure most of the true gamers here have the 'other guys' consoles.

And I am sure true gamers on the 'other guys' console sites also have the gear we discuss here.

Hey, nothing stopping you from discussing your 'other game systems' in 'General Discussions'.

But I doubt it would be easy to turn GBATemp into GamingTemp which is what you'd end up getting.

You'd need people to answer things like 'how do I mod my PSP?' or 'how do I burn X-Box 360 titles?'.

You'd need people to follow the news of the other systems. And we'd have all the flame devoted to PS3 is better than X-Box 360 (and vice versa)
smile.gif

And then there's all the world of PC gaming (it's a console to some mindsets).

It's not that I don't like the idea, I just don't know if it wouldn't be a lot of work.

I already belong to a good military history site though where we already discuss the entire gaming industry in sub sections for them. The only thing missing is the flagrant devotion to explaining how to properly circumvent copy protection.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While i agree that we don't need full blown sections for these things, people have already asked about PSP modding (the thread blew UP over the past few days since the announcement/release of 5.50 GenD-3 heh), and there are always 360 discussions about the best way to mod/burn, so that's going well...

But just having the releases might be a viable option, and if you don't like them, just turn em off.

However, that opens up doors to more possible "WHERE CAN I FIND ______.ISO?!" problem threads, but the majority of people follow those rules. And that's always a problem w/ scene release info is updated as soon as a release is... released.

Note to self: find a good synonym for "release."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: