jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
homebrew.gif
OtaClockDS RC2
Alarm Clock App for the DS

An alarm clock application for the DS.
There's a twist to it though - to turn off the alarm, you've got to solve a math problem!
Changelog said:
Otacon's eyes now follow the stylus
Alarm now rings while the Ds's lid is closed
Recolored/remade some graphics
Added copyright at beginning of program
Added a "Scared" otacon sprite when you get the math problem wrong
When you get the math problem wrong, the program will generate a new one
fixed a minimal flickering
download.gif
Offsite Download

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
haha...turning the volume off or shutting it off is the easy way out! All alarms I've ever had have this simple flaw. But its a human flaw, not the program! I've been known to half wake up, kill my alarm and not even realize what I've done...like a type of sleep walking...I missed alot of school/work this way...

It would be awesome if you had a GBA-port device connected to electrodes which go onto your body...then it could measure your sleep cycle and wake you when you are most likely to be going from sleep to awake. Like the sleeptracker watch...

but now I'm just being unrealistic....

donporoto

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
PBC said:
haha...turning the volume off or shutting it off is the easy way out! All alarms I've ever had have this simple flaw. But its a human flaw, not the program! I've been known to half wake up, kill my alarm and not even realize what I've done...like a type of sleep walking...I missed alot of school/work this way...

It would be awesome if you had a GBA-port device connected to electrodes which go onto your body...then it could measure your sleep cycle and wake you when you are most likely to be going from sleep to awake. Like the sleeptracker watch...

but now I'm just being unrealistic....

make it works with the ds turned off it's enough
rolleyes.gif

Gray_Fox

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Brilliant. Feeds my love for my DS, my need for an alarm, and my addiction to Metal Gear Solid 1.

Humble suggestions:

-On boot up, when it says 'CONNECTING..." with the logos, maybe play the "doo-doo-doo-dooo-dooo-dooo... doo-doo-doo-dooo-dooo-dooo..." from the start-up of MGS1, if you know what I'm referring to.

-Custom alarm sound? And if not that... then god, if it's Otacon, you NEED the Codec "Bleep-Bleep".

-Sleep mode so I don't have to keep my DS lite plugged in every night?

-Harder math problems. I take calculus, if I'm gonna wake up with math, it needs to make me THINK.

thank you, very much. The app is awesome.

madcat1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gray_Fox said:
Brilliant. Feeds my love for my DS, my need for an alarm, and my addiction to Metal Gear Solid 1.

Humble suggestions:

-On boot up, when it says 'CONNECTING..." with the logos, maybe play the "doo-doo-doo-dooo-dooo-dooo... doo-doo-doo-dooo-dooo-dooo..." from the start-up of MGS1, if you know what I'm referring to.

-Custom alarm sound? And if not that... then god, if it's Otacon, you NEED the Codec "Bleep-Bleep".

-Sleep mode so I don't have to keep my DS lite plugged in every night?

-Harder math problems. I take calculus, if I'm gonna wake up with math, it needs to make me THINK.

thank you, very much. The app is awesome.

1st- if you suply it in MP3 I'll do my best
wink.gif

2nd- read above OR if you want I can make it so that it will read a certain file from your memory card and play it non stop
3rd- it is in sleep mode, screens are turned off, light SHOULD be blinking (PALib wasn't working xD) etc.. etc..
4th- I can make you an "Extreme Edition" if that's the case

Like I said, I take suggestions seriously! if you guys Want it, I'll do what I can to give it

P.S: Sorry I "revived" an old topic but I just restarted programming for the ds :3

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MADKATZ99 said:
who wants to be solving math problems the moment they wake up? I dont like solving math problems at the best of times!
A little brain work isn't bad(actually, I love that feature), we don't want our brain to be in mint condition and be a collector's item do we?

madcat1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
_Unmei_ said:
MADKATZ99 said:
who wants to be solving math problems the moment they wake up? I dont like solving math problems at the best of times!
A little brain work isn't bad(actually, I love that feature), we don't want our brain to be in mint condition and be a collector's item do we?

Well, the brainwork is actually to wake the person up, because any normal person just presses a button and goes back to sleep (That's a problem I have btw XD)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/T0X6JND.jpg