OSSC or Framemeister"?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
which of these is overall better to upconvert retro consoles like psx games on the ps2? I have component cables plugged in right now. I saw some pros and cons, so it's a tough decision.

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I bought a Framemeister since from what I've read, the OSSC has issues with the NES and SNES which are my main uses for the upscaler. Generally, the OSSC just seems to have issues with some kinds of TVs.

I'm 100% satisfied with my Framemeister, it's really an amazing device. Would definitely recommend.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it was suggested on psx-place to buy another tv like a crt, but my space can only accommodate 32" at most, and there's not enough room for a crt. I have my surge protector resting on top of the cables, possibly the hdmi selectors as well.

one of my biggest concerns is plugging it in, since I have a lot of things plugged in. I didn't mark anything, so I have no idea what's what. I accidentally unplugged the wrong cable on one of my surge protectors, and it turned off the charging station for the wii u gamepad. that surge protector is on the other side of the entertainment center, so I'll probably have to turn things on, then unplug them to see which loses power.

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Framemeister is the easier device to live with - if you don’t want to spend time tinkering or doing mods.

The OSSC is a great device, but it can be choosy with the displays it works with. Some SNES and NES have little issues, which can generally be overcome with a bit of work.

But if you just want a device you can plug any console in and connect to any display with no fuss, go with the Framemeister. The only real downside to the Framemeister is a few frames of delay. But unless you’re a serious speedrunner, or have a TV which already has pretty bad delay problems, you’re not likely to notice it.

Overall though, I’d go for the Framemeister. Or at least, I would if I didn’t prefer a CRT TV.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)