oshit, NEW IPODS!

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder how pissed all those people that ran to get Iphones not realizing that Touch was going to be basically an Iphone sans the phone. Especially after they just dropped the price of the flagship Iphone model by 33% after it has only been released for 2 or 3 months. Yeah I bet you a bunch of people are fuming.

I will admit the Touch looks pretty cool, as I said before, essentially an Iphone without the phone. The "classic Ipod" is now beefed up to 160 gigs (Christ!) and the Nano has been redesigned as a Fatty video player with 2" viewable screen. We all know that these products will do well. If we could get some variant of VoIP/Skype running on the Touch, who would need an Iphone?
smile.gif

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Skype won't happen. Apple isn't stupid. They took out the the speakerphone, mic, bluetooth and support for the headset that that comes with the iPhone. There is no way possible you could make a call.

Legend

.missing
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Skype won't happen. Apple isn't stupid. They took out the the speakerphone, mic, bluetooth and support for the headset that that comes with the iPhone. There is no way possible you could make a call.

Ahem.
There was no way possible for us to pirate Vista, wasn't there? There was no way possible for someone to survive falling out of a plane & landing without a parachute, now was there? There was no way possible for man to walk on the moon, now was there!?

Impossible, and words like it, are reserved for the dictionaries of fools.

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
An iPod would be sweet, but I can't afford oneÂ
frown.gif
 Also, the sound quality hasn't been excellent on the ones I have used. Bearable, but definatly not as pleasant as even the onboard sound on my 3 year old Dell...

- Sam

That's probably largely to do with the quality of the headphones. I bought decent earbuds and my iPod sounds pretty sweet.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico

Ahem.
There was no way possible for us to pirate Vista, wasn't there? There was no way possible for someone to survive falling out of a plane & landing without a parachute, now was there? There was no way possible for man to walk on the moon, now was there!?

Impossible, and words like it, are reserved for the dictionaries of fools.

But how would you talk without mic and speaker?
unsure.gif

lawliet

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.domain.kefi.org
XP
Country
Senegal
The new iPod Touch is what I have been looking for. I don't really like the phone features of the iPhones but take away those and we've got the iPod touch and hell if I had the cash to burn I would get that
wink.gif

Anyway, for those complaining about the use of flash storage instead of HDD for the touch, I would say that I prefer flash drives due to their durability and besides, a HDD will make the thing pretty fat.

jtroye32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lovin' my good old Zen Vision M. I don't like the sound quality of Ipods =/

because the sound quality isn't great. people can't see past the eye candy and realize it plays media - you're going to want the best sound/picture quality you can get. they just want simple (idiot proof) technology that 4 year olds can operate encased in a shiny enclosure or it's "too complicated"

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Looks nice, I love the multi-touch controls. But I have no need for one. Got an old 1st Gen iPod Mini, plus my PSP so that'll do me just fine.

Looks cool though
smile.gif

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
I loved the iPhone when I demoed it in Chicago 2 months ago..., so i'm pretty sure the iPod Touch will be a winner with it's interface. Shame about the limited capacity though. The OS and Apps also takes a sizeable chunk so instead of 4000 average songs for the 16GB, you get 3500 :-/

I would consider one once the Touch gets hacked and can run new apps, like the NES emulator on the iPhone, but I'm looking more forward to an IM client, better browser features/alternative and extra vid codec support.

R-Unit 4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got and Ipod video 30g, damn it, now I want the Ipod touch or nano(or was it mini ( I am getting the iphone by this christmas, so doesn't matter.) If my dad keeps his promis than I would have swapped phones 3 or 4 times this year.

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone actually gonna watch videos on their Ipod nanos? I can't even watch videos on my Zen because I think the screen is too small, but Ipod Nano.. Damn !!

imyourxpan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah that's true about the size of the nano, it should have been the comeback for the ipod mini's. they should have kept the nano and left it at a really cheap price. maybe i'll buy a new ipod....probably not.

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah. Me and my iRiver H10. I've been having it for a year, a 6GB beauty for only $111. Sounds well... But with all the torture I've put it through, (counting leaving it in wet grass for an hour and a half -- Dropped it on accident!) it keeps kicking.... At about 4 hours of playing time.

But I only use about... 1GB of that 6 GB....

I WAS looking into an Archos 504. Tasty treat it is. But then I realised, for $250, a 4.3" beautiful screen, 40 GB hard drive, and 8 hour movie, 18 hour music life wouldn't really... be less enough for me. And I tell you, the screen on those are GORGEOUS. My friend bought a smaller, WORSE, Archos 404, and we were amazed at the quality of the videos..

But, I didn't need videos... Although they did look pretty..

So I got a DS and a CycloDS evolution!
I think I made the right choice ;D

I think I can get an Archos 504 for about... $220 nowadays?
So, if I'm ever hankering for some media goodies, I'll pick that up.
Though the Cowons 52 hour music battery life is incredibly appealing... But I don't think I could listen to music 52 hours in a row.

But Apple's kinda... Behind in the game. They're releasing functions that's been around for like... A year at least. Well, maybe not a player that can view Youtube videos on the spot. But I havn't gone to watch a youtube video in a long time. If i like a youtube video, I believe I can wait until I get home so I can download it using a converter. That way, I don't have to drain battery using the wifi.

And heck, if I REALLY need to go on the interwebs, I've got a DS.
Srsly.

And size -- harhar. To each his own. I personally like loose-fitting pants.
Tight-fitting pants make me look girly. I carry around my DS, phone (Samsung SYNC. Free phones FTW!), wallet, and keys.

But if there we no iPods, then people'd actually have to think about what mp3 player to get.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol