Hacking OS one? Wth... Isnt it suppose to be DS One? Fake?

crazyazn5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just noticed something about my SC "DS" one.

Instead of it having the DS on printed on the box, it says OS one. It also says it on my flash cart.

Pictures:

bild008md6.jpg

and
bild007hu9.jpg

theres a notch in the side which makes me wonder if its a fake. I ordered from Dealextreme and most people are receiving the order like that too. Is this normal? I read that its a French version, does it make a difference?

The slot for the micro-sd is still on top but notice how theres no "For NDS and NDSL" on the gray part. It also doesn't have metal teeth on the back protecting the contacts. Fake?

Heres a topic on how its a French version, which makes me wonder wth DX is doing...
http://forum.supercard.cn/viewthread.php?tid=2856&extra=page%3D1 ://http://forum.supercard.cn/viewthrea...extra=page%3D1

I was wondering if i should return it and get a new one. It has all the features that the SCDS1 has but the label is different than the others. There has also been disputes on whether its real or not.

Has anyone receive a SCOS1? (Supercard OS 1) other than me?

Also, I heard you needed a supermate to install the firmware, but for me, I copied the files and placed them on the MicroSD and it worked. So I'm guessing its just the same thing? Just with a different title.

Has anyone had any problems with an OS 1 if they have one?

-Thanks. Erik.

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's supposed to be a 'd' .. though admittedly it looks much more like an 'o' lol

Anyway these seem to be a a new revison, and are even shown on the supercard homepage with the the side notch now.

I don't think it's fake.

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If it was fake they defiantly wouldn't edit it to OS why the hell would they do that?!
Maybe supercard team changed that

Oh and Talaria it's an O
The D version is like this:
scdsonestf1g.jpg

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those saying "oh its probably not fake because they wouldn't change the name", you apparently don't have much experience in the consumer electronics market. Its common practice for makers of counterfeit product to swap out one or two letters to produce a different, but similiar-looking name. It may be China, but they do have some IP laws there, and doing that is a no-brainer way to avoid them for the most part.

In this particular case however, all evidence seems to point to this being a legit (albeit French) Supercard cart.

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My recently received (from DealExtreme) SuperCard DS One had the same box (English version, too). Hopefully it isn't a fake. Seems legit.

How do I do a hardware self-test?

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
sk3tch said:
My recently received (from DealExtreme) SuperCard DS One had the same box (English version, too). Hopefully it isn't a fake. Seems legit.

How do I do a hardware self-test?
Hold L+R then turn on ds

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Urza said:
For those saying "oh its probably not fake because they wouldn't change the name", you apparently don't have much experience in the consumer electronics market. Its common practice for makers of counterfeit product to swap out one or two letters to produce a different, but similiar-looking name. It may be China, but they do have some IP laws there, and doing that is a no-brainer way to avoid them for the most part.

In this particular case however, all evidence seems to point to this being a legit (albeit French) Supercard cart.
Maybe but they can't clone the SC DS One
Oh and about those laws, selling illegal copy's of software/games is illegal in China, but you can almost only get illegal software

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hit said:
Hold L+R then turn on ds

Thanks.

I get:

Test Flash
flash id ok!
flash ok!

Test sd card
sd ok! no find test file.

Test Psram
psram ok!

Now SuperCard DS Version:
English Ver1.01

Test finished.

It took like 5 tries to get it to boot. Argh. Annoying. It's a brand new crimson and black DS Lite.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
crazyazn5 said:
So, what is the difference between the OS1 and the DS1? Is there like some games that wont work or something?
From what I've understood, the OS One is a model created exclusively for the French market. When shipped, they have no Firmware on it so they're not illegal (because the anti-piracy laws got stricter in France) and then when you get it, you insert it in your SUPERMATE (something like a DS-Card programmer) and put the firmware on it. After that, it works like a normal SuperCard DS One.

The name it's different now because "DS" is a Nintendo trademark. They've changed it to "OS" so no trademarks are used on it now.

crazyazn5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now I want a supermate! Well i dont really need one, but shouldnt they include it if they use the cheaper design? I mean, they took out the "For NDS and NDSL" on the gray part. Now what is it used for? I might forget
wink.gif

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "no teeth" part is a bummer, as it does take a bit of work (several boot ups) to get the card to work.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sk3tch said:
The "no teeth" part is a bummer, as it does take a bit of work (several boot ups) to get the card to work.
Whether or not it has teeth wouldn't affect that (unless you got the contacts dirty).

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I ordered from DX a while back, and I got the same one, except on my SCDS1 it says "For NDS&NDSL".

Mine worked perfectly for the last month and a half, and I'm very happy with it. As long as it works, and doesn't break down within a week, it should be fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night