Hardware Orzly premium tempered glass protector

da1e85

OP
Trophies
XP
Just wanting some feed back does anyone have this protector just ordered it as it was free as part of a refund from Amazon. I have the hori protector and it's fine but I've ordered this for when the hori needs replacing. Just wanting your thoughts and experiences with it as I've seen some glass protectors have had there adhesive melting

swabbo

Wot u doin readin dis m8?
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll let you know when mine turns up

e8b72d1dd27b5806d1efe2cb8910e6a5.png

Reactions: T-hug and McHaggis

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll let you know when mine turns up

Mine's coming tomorrow :D I've used Orzly screen protectors before and had mixed results. No issues with adhesive melting, but the one on my daughter's Nexus 9 will not stick down at the bottom. I've had two from different brands with the same problem though.

Last edited by McHaggis,
Reactions: swabbo

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also got one too from Amazon shipped but has not arrived yet.

Really wanted the amFilm brand but not available in Canada.

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it easy to fit and what's it like when docked
Very easy to fit.
Just make sure alls clean and dust removed.
Use the alchol pads to clean and the dry clothe to polish .
place it on the left side to line up and slowly drop it down. It's pretty stiff and does not bend like the flexy protectors..
then rub out the bubbles as it slowly sinks in from left to right.

Plenty of room on the dock not sure why people think the dock is that tight.

Defiantly get one. It's perfect.

da1e85

OP
Trophies
XP
Very easy to fit.
Just make sure alls clean and dust removed.
Use the alchol pads to clean and the dry clothe to polish .
place it on the left side to line up and slowly drop it down. It's pretty stiff and does not bend like the flexy protectors..
then rub out the bubbles as it slowly sinks in from left to right.

Plenty of room on the dock not sure why people think the dock is that tight.

Defiantly get one. It's perfect.
I have the hori flexible one fitted at the moment and I think I seem to be the only one liking it. the glass one will go on when the hori gets tatty

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I have the hori flexible one fitted at the moment and I think I seem to be the only one liking it. the glass one will go on when the hori gets tatty

is the hori the one that comes with the nintendo switch 's official case ? i have that currently applied as well.
looks pretty good, does not reduce quality of the image too much and it is surprisingly very smooth, feels abit like the glass ones.

but i am sure the glass sp's will look better, so i am just ordering some until the one i have on currently goes bad or something.

saw this just now in reddit https://imgur.com/gallery/YBK20 , anyone worried about glass sp's melting ? since a glass one can melt while sitting in the dock, then why wouldn't a plastic one and the switch's screen itself??

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Mine still hasn't come, was due on Monday :S
Mine was due Tuesday but came yesterday.

The screen protector seems very high quality, and the curved edges are quite nice. However, one of the corners will not stick down. It's a twin-pack so I may try the other one and see if that is any better. I was squashing it down for about 30 minutes with no luck :(

S

Saiyan Lusitano

These brands all seem to come more or less from the same warehouse, albeit branded differently. I've ordered a £5 hard-case from eBay, that'll do for me.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

lol what is up with these? Mine were dispatched like a week ago and still nothing...

View attachment 81593

£5.99 for two silicone Joy-Con cases? That's overpriced.

On eBay you have it for £1.62 delivered @ http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gamped-An...tendo-Switch-Joy-Con-Controller-/172579660953

da1e85

OP
Trophies
XP
is the hori the one that comes with the nintendo switch 's official case ? i have that currently applied as well.
looks pretty good, does not reduce quality of the image too much and it is surprisingly very smooth, feels abit like the glass ones.

but i am sure the glass sp's will look better, so i am just ordering some until the one i have on currently goes bad or something.

saw this just now in reddit https://imgur.com/gallery/YBK20 , anyone worried about glass sp's melting ? since a glass one can melt while sitting in the dock, then why wouldn't a plastic one and the switch's screen itself??
No it's the hori one which is seperate to the one which comes with the case

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
@swabbo did you get yours yet?

I just got this from Ghub:

Dear customer

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to see that your package has not yet been delivered. I have investigated your order and found that this was one of the orders which has gone missing with one of our Royal Mail shipments. Unfortunately many of our customers have complained about their orders which haven't arrived in the expected time frame and upon investigating, it came to our attention that there was whole batch of shipment, gone missing from Royal Mails delivery's. Looking at your order date, it looks like your order was also in this batch.

At the moment, we are investigating this with Royal Mail to find a solution. However, I do understand the urgency of this product to our customers and therefore I would be more than happy to process a free replacement of this order for you. Just to be on the safe side, can I also ask you to confirm me your name and address, so that I can double check this with the information in our system?

Please let me know if you wish the replacement or if you prefer the refund?

Thank you

Siya

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
To me, screen protectors are worthless if they don't have a matte finish... Does one exist for the Switch yet? I need one. I can't stand typing on glossy surfaces.

swabbo

Wot u doin readin dis m8?
Trophies
XP
Country
@swabbo did you get yours yet?

I just got this from Ghub:

Dear customer

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to see that your package has not yet been delivered. I have investigated your order and found that this was one of the orders which has gone missing with one of our Royal Mail shipments. Unfortunately many of our customers have complained about their orders which haven't arrived in the expected time frame and upon investigating, it came to our attention that there was whole batch of shipment, gone missing from Royal Mails delivery's. Looking at your order date, it looks like your order was also in this batch.

At the moment, we are investigating this with Royal Mail to find a solution. However, I do understand the urgency of this product to our customers and therefore I would be more than happy to process a free replacement of this order for you. Just to be on the safe side, can I also ask you to confirm me your name and address, so that I can double check this with the information in our system?

Please let me know if you wish the replacement or if you prefer the refund?

Thank you

Siya

Yeah mine still hasn't come yet, I guess I should follow suite and get in touch with them too right? Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: T-hug
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Mine also hasn't arrived from ghub
Seems like the shipping speed/time is worse than Basezip (CaseBase), my CaseBase screen protector arrived after the estimated day that it would so since I emailed the company about my disappointment they offered to send a replacement if it wouldn't show up. As I was pretty annoyed at the time and nothing had shown up, I asked for a refund but surprisingly later in the day the mailman actually delivered it! I did send them another email to disregard the previous one due to getting what I paid for but they still refunded me anyway.

Packaging-wise, it looks pretty professional and amazing, as well as well detailed as to how to apply it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water