Original Xbox xecutter 3 - forgot bios config password.

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
As there isn't a forum/thread for this I'll ask here, I dug out my old xbox from the attic and tried to go into the bios config screen only to be prompted for a password, if I type x3 it boots into xbmc, any other password fails and I can't get into the config screen. It's been at least 10 years since I even turned this on, so I have no idea what the password is. Can I just reflash the bios to remove this, or do I need to do anything else? It's a 1.6 version, and I already have the bios from xbins. I saw there was a tool called x3 eprom erase, but if I use this do will it reset the password, and if so do I also need to reflash the bios?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think you posted in the 360 section. Don't know about original Xbox, but I recently tried to see if I could get opera to work on the nds. Had to delete the sav file since I couldn't remember the password.

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Think you posted in the 360 section. Don't know about original Xbox, but I recently tried to see if I could get opera to work on the nds. Had to delete the sav file since I couldn't remember the password.
I know I posted in the 360 section, hence the start of my thread......there isn't an original xbox section to post in though - hence posting here. I guess the x3 has an eeprom and the password is stored in this - it won't be file based as the chip would need a hard drive to work/store info on - which it doesn't.

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
I used a tool called x3erase and that cleared the passwords. Now I need to know how to flash flashbios 3.0.3, I tried flashing, now I can't get into flashbios anymore but I can get into the config screen to flash a bios.

EDIT, it seems 3.0.3 flashbios doesn't work properly on 1.6 xbox (no video output), I put 3.0.0 back on and it's working fine again.

Last edited by mrdude,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone