iLegendx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello :
My friend give me a motherboard, with power supply.
I connect my Hard Disk, Optical Drive, Power & Eject and Controller Ports from my Original XBOX on motherboard and I plug the power cord into the socket and it opens on its own. That is, it lights up for a while, then it lights up wrestling and flashes orange along with green and then red along with green. I press the power button and it does not respond.
How can I fix that?

I Uploaded video my problem original xbox

Attachments

• IMG_20211220_183736.jpg
    IMG_20211220_183736.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
Last edited by iLegendx,

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hard drives are generally locked to the motherboards they came from (more specifically with the HDD key from the EEPROM). So if you're taking the hard drive from your original Xbox and trying to use it with the new motherboard, that wouldn't work. There are ways to successfully swap drives from one system to another, but it would require either a TSOP flash or a modchip, preferably for both systems.

That said, the system should at least reach an error screen even with a foreign hard drive. So it's very possible that there's another issue in addition to what I mentioned.

The most common hardware issue at this point is corrosion from a leaky clock capacitor (this is a well documented and common issue if you search this board). So the first thing I would do is remove the clock capacitor and scrub that entire area of the board with isopropyl alcohol and q-tips, both the top and underside. Be aware that a board can look fine but still have this issue.

But even if you manage to boot to an error screen you're still going to have to do something about the drive keys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr